PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-05-2018, 12:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Why does it take a genius to write thread titles with meaning?

for example,
Quote:
Please read this today no matter what country you live in
Except for being a red flag to content which will be worthless spam that thread title has no meaning, zero meaning.
And rather than any shred of curiosity to go look at it, the feeling which arises is resentment that such crappy clickbait content is allowed on the forum.
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2018, 03:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.75 GB
Read MichaelS' post. Yes, it is possibly 'clickbait', but it is an important post to Michael and I for one respect his postings.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
its actually a very interesting thread if you ignore the title
Old 07-05-2018, 04:12 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
It was posted in the Cardboard Lounge, our off topic area.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Titling threads is difficult. You know what title you would like, but the titles get cut off, and what you want to say won't show up that way. There's a real trick to posting the subject.

Yeah, the title of that particular thread, if it had been an email would have been deleted without looking at it. But now I'll have to go look at it tonight after work.

Give him a little slack. He hasn't been on the forums that long and is still learning the art of thread titling.
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2018, 07:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestforests View Post
for example,

Except for being a red flag to content which will be worthless spam that thread title has no meaning, zero meaning.
And rather than any shred of curiosity to go look at it, the feeling which arises is resentment that such crappy clickbait content is allowed on the forum.
I will tell you just what I tell anyone else who doesn't like my posts. If you see my name just cruise on by!! I am too damn old and cranky to give a good GD what you or anyone else thinks.

I am not an American. I identify myself as an Earthling! But there are some anniversaries that are important to the whole world The US July 4th Declaration of Independence is one of them. Do some research and see how many other Declarations in this world are modeled after ours.

As Rock S said it is in the Lounge. If you have a better title send it to Rick and he can edit the f'ing title to suit you.

Habanada (LookItUp).
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 07-05-2018, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
You can choose to look at and choose to NOT look at whatever you like SWF. Paper Modelers is not some 'fad' site inhabited by fickle trendy opinion airheads. A thread title DOES show it's author so I would think that in itself would influence one's decision to click in. You may not know MichaelS that well and I certainly would not profess to him myself as I live 1/2 a world away. But I've been on this forum long enough to know that he does NOT do 'crappy clickbait'.

Garry G.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Not all of us are experts in literature. I believe that a title is only the "container", the important thing is inside. And not always the best package, well presented, neat and flashy contains the best product. I suppose you will understand.
Sergio
Old 07-05-2018, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That whole situation is one of the most convoluted messes in U.S. history. It's so hard for anyone to get a 'good handle' on it. Wars without a reason to be involved, unless you stretch things can really polarize the population.

Blame the politicians, but the brave young men who fought and died there deserve our utmost respect. The young men from either side had no real say into anything that happened. Thrown into situations that they could never imagine until they were in those situations with no way out.

It's hard to express coherent thoughts on this, trying not to step on toes.

Respect. We need to respect each other and have each others' backs
Old 07-05-2018, 09:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
I will tell you just what I tell anyone else who doesn't like my posts. If you see my name just cruise on by!! I am too damn old and cranky to give a good GD what you or anyone else thinks.

I am not an American. I identify myself as an Earthling! But there are some anniversaries that are important to the whole world The US July 4th Declaration of Independence is one of them. Do some research and see how many other Declarations in this world are modeled after ours.

As Rock S said it is in the Lounge. If you have a better title send it to Rick and he can edit the f'ing title to suit you.

Habanada (LookItUp).
yes agreed cant see the point of starting up a thread just to take pot shots at other peoples thread ,it someone doesnt like it just pass it by rather than resort to start a new thread to hurl insults,
Google Adsense