PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-11-2018, 10:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Hi Whulsey,

Looks great! Know what kind of work you're doing.

Wanted a garden myself, finally this year made a huge raised bed 12'x12' and covered it with a greenhouse. Whole dump truck 12-yds of topsoil needed screened and then filled the bed.

Fresh vege's was worth it.

Bought my home back in 2014, re-did the whole three bedrooms upstairs, carpet, paint, patching holes in the walls, re-plumbed the shower and sheetrock where the old moldy stuff was ripped out. New flooring in the kitchen, used real wood for baseboards and waistcoat in the kitchen after the wood flooring was laid down. Did everything myself. Cheap labor but well worth the savings.

Then what did I do? I rented the three bedrooms out and live in the basement...Pays the mortgage!

Plan was then to re-do the basement and make it really nice; that plan got changed real quick last year. Used the money I was saving along with a huge windfall from stock to buy an airplane. Now my credit cards are maxed out and any extra time goes for doing things to the airplane.

Congratulations on the home improvement project! Hope you enjoy your labors to the fullest once done!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer
Old 09-11-2018, 11:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thanks Mike

That takes some doing for a vegie garden in your area. Got the pieces today for a more modest bed, only 8 x 4. Need to get the house done before I get too carried away on other projects...and I'd like to get back to working on some models. Still have that half-done Ursus tractor I really would like to finish.

AT6, back to Cal would have been nice. But the coast is way out of my price range and the more I check things out the Central Valley is no longer the nice little farming towns I remember for 30 years ago.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:30 PM

Richschindler, thanks. Just noticed you live in Mooresville, NC. A friend of mine from OC who moved to Phoenix about 4 years before me; then bailed out of here a year before I came over moved to Mooresville. Haven't heard from him in a few years, the last time I talked to him he was shop foreman for Melling Racing. Not sure were he is not, but a mutual friend said he saw him on the NASCAR coverage in the pits a couple of times. He was always a racer so imagine he's still doing something related. Must have been a big chance from NYC to there.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Doug - had a good look on Google Earth and Map - can get nice views of it on street view.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
They main problem with where you live would be the snakes. My bark angels have never seen one and they wouldn't last long where you live.
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2018, 11:03 AM

at6, I'd worry more about the dog pack that roams around at night. The dog next door got torn up pretty bad a few weeks ago by them. Bunch of hillbillies here that let their dogs run loose.
Think snakes aren't that common here in town, since rattlesnakes don't really like being around were there is traffic and people. Maybe getting a few more here with climate change. Growing up in Okla and Texas rattlesnakes (and cottonmouths, copperheads and even the rare coral snake) were around somewhat used to them.

Break time over, back to sorting, shelving, etc.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Eternal Member

We have a lot of snakes here. Just ignore them - they dont want to interfere with humans, and if you avoid them if you see them no issues. We don't have dogs - only cats, which watch them but leave them alone.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:04 PM

More of my everything costs twice as much, and takes three times as long. When I was shutting down the computer it dropped one of the out of the blue W10 updates on me. As usual I told it update and restart since I want to get it over. It wouldn't restart, Went ahead and did some things I needed to do with figuring I'd get it up over lunch. Well no go. Wouldn't even do a restore point so had to reload W10. Which means I lost all my programs, favorites, etc. So went on MS site to see what I could do. At least they got me with a tech and he got all my favorites back and reloaded the programs I could remember except for Pepukura 4 which he couldn't get. Haven't been using it anyway. Printers driver, etc and since I hadn't update a few of the programs in awhile, ok. But its 6pm now so there went the entire afternoon and all I'd planned on getting done. Back down to Glendale tomorrow for a doctor's appointment and a couple of other things. At least I can bring more stuff up and get some cleaning done down there to start getting the condo ready to sell. At least the cats seem to be adjusting somewhat.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 AM
Eternal Member

PC - it happens!

If I have to do a reload I don't stress anymore.

TIP - don't try to do everything at once. I just put back the operating system, and the one program I use. Then, later, as I need to use a program I then reload it. It is amazing how many utilities and programs you end up not loading because you are not actively using them.

I have also now got into the habit of deinstalling programs if I think I may not use them for a while.

Back to the house. Glad the cats have settled. Should not take them long.

What birdlife is there? Much? It's nice to wake up to birds in the morning....

Are you going to plant indigenous when you do, pots or otherwise, for the birds and insects? A birdbath or water source could be a drawcord.

I'll try post some pics at the weekend of the pot story I talked about as I really think it would work for you...
Old 09-13-2018, 05:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
You could not restore everything as it was from a backup/system image? Or has the W10 upgrade degraded that much, too.
Google Adsense