PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Wayne - how about your latest update on your house and the move?

Assume you have now settled in (hopefully) which has why it has been quiet?
Old 12-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Kevin, thanks for asking. Sounds like you had a nice vacation.

There was the time spend getting the condo down in Glendale ready for sale and dealing with that. That went fairly well.

Then just as that was getting wrapped up, as I put in the 'For the Cats' thread China Whitecat disappeared. Been almost a month now so finally crawling out of the depression of that and starting to get back to work on things. Still haven't felt like doing any modeling and have been pretty uncommunicative.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:30 PM

Canada, can we send your weather back.

Another upgrade needed is going to be more (or some) insulation added. Knew from the inspection that attic was minimum required, so was going to need more. Not sure there is any in the walls which is not uncommon in older houses in central and south Arizona. After the weather the last couple of days need it, freezing my tail off. Will help in the summer also and overall utility bills. Also need to decide in next month if I want to add some type of central air/heating to the place. Been looking at the newer "split systems" type that doesn't need ductwork put in.
Attached Thumbnails
A new to me house-2019-01-01-359.jpg   A new to me house-2019-01-01-360.jpg  
Old 01-02-2019, 07:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Wayne, So sorry to hear about the loss of your China White kitty. My Hayduke did a disappearing act when we first moved to Asheville. Fortunately for both of us he came back after three days.

Your snow pics reminds me of our December storm when we had a tree broken down in the backyard. Very pretty to look at but way too dangerous to leave alone. It missed our back porch by a few feet and snagged on an adjoining tree. Got a new 18 inch chainsaw and did a lot of careful prep work with a pole saw to get it ready to fell. It was quite an adventure even so to get it all cleaned up. With plenty of Bradford Pear and Leyland Cypress trees on our property, I'll get lots of use out of all three of my chainsaws.

Curt
Attached Thumbnails
A new to me house-010.jpg   A new to me house-005.jpg   A new to me house-008.jpg  
Old 01-02-2019, 08:33 PM

Thanks Curt. Its been around 6 weeks so figure chances of him showing up are pretty slim now.

We didn't get that much snow and the biggest tree is a pretty solid looking pecan tree on the other side of the fence line and its downhill from me. So hope I won't have to deal with any of that.
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2019, 01:12 PM

Wow, just over a year now since I bought the house. Still not able to get cell phone service in the house or nearby. Didn't think about it at the time, but can only get about 4 radio stations. Can't get the NPR station in Phoenix I listen to a lot. Found out they have a repeater in the area, but still lot of static when I can get it. Don't have a tv so no problem there, just stream a few things on the computer. Getting a lot of the garage and laundry/paint room sorted and shelved. Starting to get the yard in shape. Got the hole filled, just need to get it leveled out and some grass in. Converted the big tree stump into a flower planter. Now that its getting warm again, some unfriendly critters starting to show up. Have thought about putting in a split system ac running off a heat pump. Got nailed on income tax so have to put it off until next year.

More updates as things happen. Have got back to doing some model work.
Attached Thumbnails
A new to me house-2019-03-28-747.jpg   A new to me house-2019-04-26-0758.jpg   A new to me house-2019-04-26-0759.jpg   A new to me house-2019-04-21-0756.jpg  
Old 04-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
All sounding good.

TV is no loss I am sure. I turn the TV on (literally) about once every 3 months! Rely on the radio rather.

Have you tried shortwave?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Try this site to listen to radio from around the world:
Radio Garden
You center the crosshairs over a dot to listen to that station.

Hope you have a black light handy for any night walks so you can see them kind of critters scurrying around.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Everything except the scorpion looks good, and I guess it has a kind of creaturely appeal from a distance.

Presumably you can get NPR via computer? This is the Philly station I listen to all the time (Classical 0600-1800, Jazz 1800-0600 with mixed programming on weekends). The on-air hosts are like family to us. https://www.wrti.org/#stream/0

Don
Old 04-26-2019, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
That is one nasty looking Scorpion. Next you'll probably be posting pics of your "pet" Rattle Snakes.
Google Adsense