PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-05-2021, 12:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Fix my autoimmune stuff so I can make hobby progress!

Let's get this, and several other autoimmune things going on, fixed so I can go back to making progress on projects at the desired rate!

Quote:
"1 July 2021
New study shows Fibromyalgia likely the result of autoimmune problems

The King's-led study, in collaboration with University of Liverpool and the Karolinska Institute, shows that many of the symptoms in fibromyalgia syndrome are caused by antibodies increasing the activity of pain-sensing nerves "
New study shows Fibromyalgia likely the result of autoimmune problems

Quote:
"Dr Andreas Goebel, the study's principle clinical investigator from the University of Liverpool said, "When I initiated this study in the UK, I expected that some fibromyalgia cases may be autoimmune. But David's team have discovered pain-causing antibodies in each recruited patient. The results offer amazing hope that the invisible, devastating symptoms of fibromyalgia will become treatable."

Professor Camilla Svensson, the study's primary investigator from Karolinska Institute said, "Antibodies from people with FMS living in two different countries, the UK and Sweden, gave similar results, which adds enormous strength to our findings. The next step will be to identify what factors the symptom-inducing antibodies bind to. This will help us not only in terms of developing novel treatment strategies for FMS, but also of blood-based tests for diagnosis, which are missing today."
Google Adsense
Old 07-05-2021, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
A girl that worked for me had that, was really nasty when it flared up when she was stressed. When the stress levels weren't too bad she could deal with it. But we were in a tight deadline graphic design and pre-press situation. Finally had to recommend she go back to her old position just for her health.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
Yep, that, and any other autoimmune stuff is un-fun.

Even more un-fun when several autoimmune things are going on.

Are they all related?

Are they each their own?

Who can tell, really?

As of end 2019, the then-new neurologist thought something different which was a neurological autoimmune thing might be found to be going on.

Then the pandemic ended progress on that.

Progress is scheduled to pick back up next month.

Along about 1985 Dad was Navy's first medical retirement with fibromyalgia, and ME/CFS, (and neuropathy and several other things).
About 10 years later his 16 years younger sister finally had to end her nursing career because of MS growing more severe.

About 10 years after that, my working days ended just as I was fixing to become a hobby shop manager. For a decade or more I'd already had neuropathy and several other things which were different from Dad's several other things.

There were several things which happened during and after Christmas 2005 but the proverbial final straw was spring 2006 where one day right in the middle of ringing up a customer I suddenly had no idea what a cash register was or how it worked.

And I'd been in and out of retail since the mid 1980s.
I knew full well how cash registers worked.
And had been one of the 2 people who had programmed that one while were were setting up the store in 2003.

Am I having a stroke?
Scary.

Don't remember if it was same day or different day, but do remember doctor coming back in and asking, "Have you ever heard of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome?"

Ahh ... ... yeah, I have, actually.

And I well remember the several years of military doctors from all around northern Virginia trying to figure out what was happening to Dad.

One day he was a senior Navy officer who was going places and doing things, next day during his morning run he literally ran out of even enough energy to put one foot in front of the other.

There is a saying in the autoimmune disease community on Tumblr, "I'm so tough that the only one who can kick my ass is me!"

Also: "Weak immune system? My immune system is as strong as a ox, it just can't aim!"