PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-14-2018, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i order regular from jsc in poland and have never waited longer than 20 days from order to delivery .anytime there has been delay it has either been between arriving at destintaion airport in poland and arriving in destination in nz which i assume is waiting for full air container before sending or after it has been scanned at auckland airport it can take a few days to get down to us on local couriers so not suppliers fault.have never had a non dellivery issue or ;long delay on anything i have bought from jsc and they are in gdanask also .parcel is trackable all the way up to leaving auckland forhere then our couriers get lazy
Old 09-14-2018, 04:45 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
I have a new hobby. Diamond Painting. The ths mostly from China with free shipping. As relates to this shipping subject I find that if it comes through Chicago, JFK, or LAX it takes a long time to get here. The fastest came through Champaign-Urbana or any smaller town that has an international airport. Dayton Ohio's is across the border in Kentucky. It seems like a workload problem or customs in large airports.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I recently had a package delivered from Poland to the US, Not as heavy as yours, it was a large (A3) kit and lasercut set, I can't remember how long it took but it was definitely a long time, maybe not 60 days though.

My tracking showed the same, that it had left Poland, for what seemed like an eternity. Once it arrived in the US it reached it's destination in a matter of days.

I've just ordered another kit from Poland, to be delivered to Australia this time, it'll be interesting to see how long this one takes.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 09-15-2018, 04:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Nothing on earth is as inconsistent as international shipping. I've ordered stuff from the same overseas source twice. First time: 8 days. Second time: 5 weeks. I think PaperLab hit it- random customs checks.
Old 09-15-2018, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Forgot to mention, a couple of weeks ago I ordered some laser cut rivets and bolts from drafmodel in Poland, expecting them to take forever, they got here in 6 days. I think it's more to do with airmail vs sea freight. I always go the cheaper option, although my latest purchase offered free shipping, even after I entered my address, which I find hard to believe. I ordered on a weekend though so I'm half expecting to get an email on monday or tuesday asking for more money, or informing me they can't ship it. (GPM wanted $40AU to ship the same kit).

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2018, 04:29 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Bad memory, It's actually Cincinnati that uses Hebron airport in Kentucky. Why do I still remember Big John And Sparkie and Froggy the Gremlin? Used lo listen to them when I was growing up I Casper. "Cincinnati Dancing' Pig , He's the Barnyard's Mr. Big...". All the Diamond Paintings come from China with free shipping by Airmail, but use many different routes.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:44 AM

ok so in real time.model ordered 11/9/2018 from jsc poland.
collected from gdansk----- their office 12/9/2018 to go to warsaw
despatched on aircraft from warsaw 16/9/2018

pogress to follow
Old 09-16-2018, 01:40 PM

also on 11/2018 order placed with whm in germany .order despatched same day .the race is on
Old 09-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Let's not even begin to look at issues getting models posted to here.

I used to order a lot from a German supplier and had to stop as I didn't get my last 2 orders - due to the courier (a global carrier) they used.

The story is of interest and the debacle rests 100% with the supplier/manufacturer I ordered direct from.

Because it was couriered, a physical delivery address is used. Couriers do not deliver to a PO Box.

The first time I had an issue I queried and was told by the courier company here that it been handed over to a physical Post Office. It was their "new policy". Which Post Office? They couldn't tell me. To cut a long story short after I told a local director that I was charging him with theft, they were told me the actual Post Office. 80kms away.

I went there and they gave me the parcel. It had been dropped off and they didn't know what to do with it. Quite naturally. They also had stacks of other parcels from the same courier people were not going to get. Plus because it was a door to door courier delivery the Post Office were receiving no renumeration for anything they managed to deliver!

Of course, had the supplier used another carrier there would have been no issue.

I asked the supplier to change carriers for my next order (placed but not despatched) but they refused to and got arrogant over the fact that I was questioning the performance of the German carrier. The supplier then stopped answering mails and communicating. At that stage I then swore never to buy from them again!!!

I never recieved the delivery, despite having despatch info, and neither did I get a refund. I eventually had to take action via Mastercard.

So it goes.....!
Old 09-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Let's not even begin to look at issues getting models posted to here.

I used to order a lot from a German supplier and had to stop as I didn't get my last 2 orders - due to the courier (a global carrier) they used.

The story is of interest and the debacle rests 100% with the supplier/manufacturer I ordered direct from.

Because it was couriered, a physical delivery address is used. Couriers do not deliver to a PO Box.

The first time I had an issue I queried and was told by the courier company here that it been handed over to a physical Post Office. It was their "new policy". Which Post Office? They couldn't tell me. To cut a long story short after I told a local director that I was charging him with theft, they were told me the actual Post Office. 80kms away.

I went there and they gave me the parcel. It had been dropped off and they didn't know what to do with it. Quite naturally. They also had stacks of other parcels from the same courier people were not going to get. Plus because it was a door to door courier delivery the Post Office were receiving no renumeration for anything they managed to deliver!

Of course, had the supplier used another carrier there would have been no issue.

I asked the supplier to change carriers for my next order (placed but not despatched) but they refused to and got arrogant over the fact that I was questioning the performance of the German carrier. The supplier then stopped answering mails and communicating. At that stage I then swore never to buy from them again!!!

I never recieved the delivery, despite having despatch info, and neither did I get a refund. I eventually had to take action via Mastercard.

So it goes.....!
i must be lucky . i order from gemany,holland and poland and side from the postage prices have no issue or problems at all.all delays happen when parcel fall into hands of nz couirier companys.the 6 hour drive from auckland airport can take them 8 days . i will say i find JSC to be the best of the polish companies for deliveries
Google Adsense