PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-13-2018, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 43.34 MB
I took a short visit and it is a nice site. A few dollars to support it is very reasonable.

How many people can support the site? By that I mean is it all on one person or are there multiple people who can keep it going? A backup plan so to speak. I often wonder how many good sites die with the owner.

Additional managers, authorized managers, etc can keep things moving in case of illness or worse.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
What about selling sponsorships?
You can create recurring payment plans through paypal.
The member pledges a certain monthly amount
and it keeps coming out of the account (or credit card) every month.
Single donations are great...but knowing something is coming in at the end of the year, and regularly, is better!
You could also offer some rewards for larger pledges or memberships.
Maybe some exclusive items?...an exclusive download say?...a special avatar or title on the forum?...
Old 12-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Charlie - In terms of Article 13, I would not at this stage worry about it.

It has created quite a storm, but all the hype and storm is generally unjustified in the case of users such as yourself.

Dave explained this in his earlier post in this thread...

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/657104-post9.html

Web service providers are the ones who are really worried and are whipping up the storm.

Article 13 is an attempt to reshape copyright law for the internet age and is part of the Directive on Copyright.

The Directive on Copyright is aimed at making websites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter responsible for ensuring that copyrighted material is not being legally shared on their platforms - actually good news for paper modellers!

In the past the onus was on the copyright holders – the individuals or companies that produce the content – to enforce copyright protection.

Under the new law this responsibility shifts to the major platforms themselves.

‘Article 13’ is the most "controversial" component which the online platforms are kicking about – it requires online platforms to filter or remove copyrighted material from their websites.

It states “online content sharing service providers and right holders shall cooperate in good faith in order to ensure that unauthorised protected works or other subject matter are not available on their services.”

That is the essence of Article 13 - so do not worry about it. The only effect that it will have on Landships II is that should some of the models or material be used without permission on another site, it is up to the content sharing service providers to deal with it.

Interestingly enough this means even if a site in China is selling Landship models in breach of copyright, Google or whoever should be blocking the listing - and they will certainly have to if it is brought to their attention. The reason is that EU Internet users could pick up the listing, so they would then be in breach of EU Law.

The legalisation also stipulates that "automated blocking of content" must be avoided - this means service providers are really going to have to work at it! Hence all the noise and drama!

You can read the legislation here if you are a stickler for punishment!

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/...DOC+PDF+V0//EN