PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Exclamation Your New Year’s Resolution

Your New Year's Resolution

Your NYR needs to be to teach your children to put their toys and tools away! “The job is not done until the tools are put away” was the mantra I had drilled into me growing up. If they don’t put their toys away themselves take them away for a few days.

Think about it. It teaches organization. Your house is much neater It gives your child self esteem and pride when they have completed something. It saves them time because they don’t spend hours looking for their “stuff”. Just think of all the time they gain through this one simple task. The next time they need to play or do something they know exactly where to go.

Take them in the kitchen and explain why everything is where it is. Then instead of heading out to Mickey Dees actually COOK with them! (What a concept). Let them burn some stuff! Let them experiment. Teach them to read the recipes and follow the instructions carefully. Then sit down at the table and eat what they have cooked and enjoy it no matter how bad it tastes!!

Make it your #1 priority to just spend time with them. Turn off the TV's, the phone's, the computers and just be with them. In the years to come this is what they will remember not what version of iPhone they got for Christmas.
Live, Laff, Love...
Google Adsense
Old 12-29-2018, 11:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
My new year resolution: buy something from ecardmodels.com!

My kids are too old to train.