PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-20-2019, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Having neither a tablet or a smart phone and being in a dead zone at my house (and a lot of other places around here) and just a general electronic dinosaur can't see changing over. Can't get FM radio at the house either except for a couple of little local stations that don't play anything I like. Imagine a tv (if I had one) wouldn't work either unless it was on cable.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, Kevin, we run into the same thing hear in the USA. Same size packages with less product and a higher price (or the price is the same as the larger amount).

The weight or volume is listed in both imperial and metric with the ounces or fluid ounces listed first then the grams or ml listed.

Except with booze. All of the bottles are listed in ml. So what used to be a fifth of whisky is now 750 ml which is actually a little less than a fifth.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I have an issue with pocket size also. I like to put my phone in my shirt pocket. My answer is to buy smaller sized phones and (not being a slave to fashion) I take my phone with me when buying shirts and just check the pocket to see if it fits.

Mike
Old 03-20-2019, 02:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, I check out the size of pockets when I am in a store and see a shirt that has two chest pockets. It is difficult to find shirts with two chest pockets and a straight hem instead of a shirttail hem. I prefer the straight hem.

I have a smart phone and carry it in a belt holster. I usually have a bluetooth headset that tells me who is calling so I can reject unknown callers and scammers/spammers. I figure if the call is legit then the caller will leave a voicemail and l can return the call. I have received some spam voicemail, but in those cases I can choose not to call back and in some cases block the number.