PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
I am afraid you are not following forum rules concerning respect to others. I am a member of other forums and comments like yours would mean that you are immediately banned from the forum so please refrain from expressing insults and unrespectfulness to us members of this very nice forum. Both myself and Mr. Den Bakker can comment and post anything here as long as it doesn't insult other members and doesn't promote piracy. Mr. Den Bakker has every right to show his models for sale. It is a help to those guys who want to purchase his card models that were at one time available on Ecard models and unfortunately no more. Ecard models can become once again active perhaps in 10-20 years or perhaps tomorrow. This is why people who sell their models through this web page, can and will list them not only here but on other forums because they need card modelers business. Otherwise, piracy will be encouraged.
Exactly.
Even though it’s an old and already clearly answered question about eCardModels, there’s no need for some of the rudeness and bullying in this thread.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Well, I for one will not show up and completely ignore the original topic of discussion and start posting ads for my store and my models.

petestein's assumption and assertion that ecardmodels is done and over is what is uncalled for.
(and this isnt the first time he's made this claim).

The topic is/was "what is the status of ecardmodels?"
And I answered that question.

Petestein has no connection with ecardmodels and has no inside information,
so why he feels the need to spread the word that ecardmodels is dead is unexplainable and unacceptable.
(sounds more like bullying to me?)

And as far as ignoring the entire topic of discussion to post your own list of for sale models?
There are areas for listing buy and sell.
Bakker could have started his own thread to promote his own products.

But not only did he attempt to reaffirm the idea that ecardmodels is defunct,
(more bullying?)
he rudely took the opportunity to misdirect the topic to his own benefit.
And I don't have to stand for that.

If you are not interested in ecardmodels coming back, then why the hell are you even in this thread?
Why bother reading if you think the topic is already done and over?
And why try to steal the attention away for your own cause?

To those who genuinely care about ecardmodels, I'm sorry I don't have anything more definitive to offer you.
We (the staff) want nothing more than to get this store back up and running, and are trying very hard to do so.
In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and support.
By all means, shop elsewhere, don't put your hobby on hold for us.
I would never tell you otherwise.
But I hope if and when we are back, you'll drop by and say hello.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
The company I work for decided to create a new website. It took about two years. And this was with people working on it full time. It also ended up costing around a million dollars. I’m sure Chris and company are doing the best they can with the time and resources at their disposal.

I can certainly relate to what Dave is saying about this being a side project for those with other career and family obligations. If I didn’t have to get up every morning and go to work, I’d have all the models designed and built that I could ever dream of.

When the new website is up and running, I’m sure it will all be worth the wait.

Dave, let me know if you need me to re-send any of the files for my kits. This might be a blessing in disguise as there are some corrections and tweaks I’d like to make on a few of my kits.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
John...I sent you a message.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Quote:
I am afraid you are not following forum rules concerning respect to others. I am a member of other forums and comments like yours would mean that you are immediately banned from the forum so please refrain from expressing insults and unrespectfulness to us members of this very nice forum.
And Dave is part of the team working to rebuild Ecardmodels.
Whereas you seem to just be someone gloating that if it's not finished, it never will be.

Quote:
Both myself and Mr. Den Bakker can comment and post anything here as long as it doesn't insult other members and doesn't promote piracy. Mr. Den Bakker has every right to show his models for sale. It is a help to those guys who want to purchase his card models that were at one time available on Ecard models and unfortunately no more.
And there is a place for such postings and this isn't it.

Quote:
Ecard models can become once again active perhaps in 10-20 years or perhaps tomorrow. This is why people who sell their models through this web page, can and will list them not only here but on other forums because they need card modelers business. Otherwise, piracy will be encouraged.
Maybe try reading the actual posts and understanding them before just casting your negative opinions against the very people working so hard to bring Ecardmodels back.
Google Adsense
Old 04-19-2019, 03:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Dear Airdave,
at the bottom every one of your often somewhat aggressive mails is a link to your own website and shop - so how about pushing my own store and models? And the available models on the list are normally all offered through Ecardmodels - I am just trying to recoup some of my loss on their being out of the running.
And yes: I am trying to get some publicity for two new models coming up.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Dear Airdave,
at the bottom every one of your often somewhat aggressive mails is a link to your own website and shop - so how about pushing my own store and models? And the available models on the list are normally all offered through Ecardmodels - I am just trying to recoup some of my loss on their being out of the running.
And yes: I am trying to get some publicity for two new models coming up.
Yeah, a link. Just like so many others, and completely within the norms of forum rules and etiquette.

And yes, as another has mentioned, you "can comment and post anything here as long as it doesn't insult other members and doesn't promote piracy".

-However-

"Following forum rules concerning respect to others" (as the other person put it) usually means that if you are going to post something significantly different from the thread topic, you simple say "Hey, here is my new thread concerning <subject> in this thread" and provide link to the new thread. (Ok, probably more of an etiquette thing, but hopefully people will get the gist of it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
so how about pushing my own store and models?
What keeping you from setting up a link in your signature?

It is unfortunate that the rebuilding process is taking so long. Having dealt with e-commerce half a lifetime ago, I can assure you that there are a whole boatload of things that need to be tested, tweaked, examined, idiot-proofed, and so forth, before the new store goes live.

Heaven help you is some little error still manages to creep in after all that, because online customers will have an absolute fit.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.03 MB
@dave

"Let the dogs bark, the caravan should keep moving ahead."
good luck I'm looking forward then new shop

raimund
Old 04-19-2019, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
I certainly look forward to the return of eCardModels, and I don’t think anyone wants to see it disappear. Clearly though, frustration/disappointment is running a little high.

It’s been fun to see it grow from humble beginnings to a powerhouse, go-to site for purchasing and browsing a huge, wide variety of paper model kits.
I was quite happy with the design and functionality of the site as it was.
Now, even though it’s true a major update/redesign of a website can take two years to plan and launch, I believe much of the frustration comes from the existing store just being gone.
I’ve been perplexed as to why it was not restored from back-ups.
We’ll just have to wait for the new store, I’m sure it’s being worked on as fast as reasonable.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Sgoti:
thanks for the suggestion of a signature with a link. Never thought of that. Just figured out how that works; hope it does work, and hope it is within the (unwritten?) rules of the forum.
About these 'forum rules' - where do I find these, or are they indeed 'unwritten'? And about threads veering wildly off-topic: I have seen a great many of those over the years, and nobody ever seemed to object - and certainly not in the heated words I am being subjected to in this thread.
Google Adsense