PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-19-2019, 06:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Looks as if the the signature doesn't work for me. I will have to study the subject more closely...
Old 04-19-2019, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.17 GB
Hang in there, Dave. Great work and civil remarks as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
Looks as if the the signature doesn't work for me. I will have to study the subject more closely...
Wargame Vault - The largest wargame download store is an excellent megastore to sell electronic files. check the web.

----------------
_SEE MY DESIGNS:_______________________
please check out my latest naval design from the Victorian era
https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/...Heinkel-Models
https://modelosheinkel.webs.com
Old 04-19-2019, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Sgoti:
thanks for the suggestion of a signature with a link. Never thought of that. Just figured out how that works; hope it does work, and hope it is within the (unwritten?) rules of the forum.
About these 'forum rules' - where do I find these, or are they indeed 'unwritten'? And about threads veering wildly off-topic: I have seen a great many of those over the years, and nobody ever seemed to object - and certainly not in the heated words I am being subjected to in this thread.
Agreed. This forum is widely known for disrespecting members, making offensive and slanderous comments mostly by the owners. And no so called "moderators" do anything to stop this. These forums are supposed to be created to enjoy hobbies, make new friends, exchange ideas, show the works and an all around comaradeship. Not to be used to impose aggresive and humilliating comments just because one member mentions he has being hampered on selling his models because a web page has been down for several months. All he wants to do is try to compensate his situation and also, prevent piracy as much as possible, not promoting it due to the way this forum is being managed.

Please tell me where can I close my account here. I don't need to belong to this type of group.

Peter Steinberg
Old 04-19-2019, 09:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Agreed. This forum is widely known for disrespecting members, making offensive and slanderous comments mostly by the owners. And no so called "moderators" do anything to stop this. These forums are supposed to be created to enjoy hobbies, make new friends, exchange ideas, show the works and an all around comaradeship. Not to be used to impose aggresive and humilliating comments just because one member mentions he has being hampered on selling his models because a web page has been down for several months. All he wants to do is try to compensate his situation and also, prevent piracy as much as possible, not promoting it due to the way this forum is being managed.

Please tell me where can I close my account here. I don't need to belong to this type of group.

Peter Steinberg
Peter, don’t leave over the posts of a few. Overall this is an excellent and active group, and I think the mods do a pretty good job.
If anyone’s posts in particular are bothering you, you can block seeing their posts, but still see the rest of the thread.
I used to belong to another paper group, can’t remember the name now. That group was horrible and the mods oppressive and arbitrary.
I’d much rather we have a little freedom for discourse than be modded for any little thing.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:56 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Agreed. This forum is widely known for disrespecting members, making offensive and slanderous comments mostly by the owners.
The owner of this forum is Jason, and he doesn't post that often, and if you are referring to me, I am not an owner, I am the administrator. If you want rigid rules and regulations, then we can certainly work on implementing them.

Quote:
And no so called "moderators" do anything to stop this.
the moderators on this forum have the full support of Jason and myself to deal with infractions or other transgressions as they see fit.

Quote:
Not to be used to impose aggresive and humilliating comments just because one member mentions he has being hampered on selling his models because a web page has been down for several months. All he wants to do is try to compensate his situation and also, prevent piracy as much as possible, not promoting it due to the way this forum is being managed.
This vendor is not being hampered in selling his offerings, we have many other vendors who promote their kits, in a separate manner away from conversation, if this vendor would like some assistance with setting up a dedicated thread or subforum, all he has to do is ask, and we will make it happen.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 04-19-2019, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Excellent post on adding a signature (in general) here:

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/564746-post2.html

Enter the link in the text box (along with anything else you wish to add).

If you are still having trouble, PM me and I'll see if I can screenshot the process (it's fairly straightforward). Probably won't be able to do this (if needed) for a couple of weeks or so, have a couple of trips coming up.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:

Peter Steinberg
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I've been here for years and have never once felt disrespected. And if there were any slights (and again, I don't recall any) they were usually minor and in the grand scheme of things, I've learned so much on this discussion forum and that knowledge outweighs any perceived slights.

Also, I try to take into account that English is not everyone's first language here, and sometimes thoughts (particularly attempts at humor) don't translate well.

Yes, there are a couple of folks who routinely display a smarter-than-thou attitude and whose posts drip with snark. They labor under the impression they must always have the last word. They are not among the people I've learned from. Some people are just that way. That is their problem and life is too short to make it my problem.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ecardmodels is reopen again!!..
Attached Thumbnails
Ecardmodels status-capturaddd.jpg  
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/heinkel-models
Old 04-29-2019, 07:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkel111 View Post
Ecardmodels is reopen again!!..
Not quite yet. Looks like test pages.
Give it time and they’ll do a bang up job.