PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 05-14-2019, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Oh that really is sad news.

When I started out on the forum about then years ago, John was the one who welcomed me here. He often was online and I helped him test build a couple of his beautiful models. The Atlas V, Falcon 9 and the Mars Curiosity rover + Sky Crane come to mind.
We emailed a lot in those years. I remember him as an eloquent and intelligent man with a kind and positive attitude. When I noticed he wasn't on the forum as often as before I sometimes mailed him just to ask how he was doing. I considered him a friend far away.

John, thank you so much for all the things you did with paper air-and-space models for the museum in your community, the stomp rocket sessions you organised for the children in the neighbourhood where you lived and your all-round generosity and kindess in our community. I will really miss you. The Sunshine State has lost a ray with your passing.

I wish you Clear Skies.

Last edited by Paper Kosmonaut; 05-14-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I'd been wondering about him since it had been awhile since we'd heard from him. Even when they weren't in my line of interest, always enjoyed his posts. Sorry to hear the sad news.

Wayne
Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 220.03 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to axm61
So sad to hear about his passing. Although we never met but he was a kind man. He did contribute to my old website with his Space Stations Models.
Historical Space Stations

In his memory, his creations are now part of my Space Station links on my site’s Menu. His models will live forever.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 398.46 MB
My jaw dropped when I first saw this posting. He was one of the first to welcome me the the forum. I enjoyed the masterpieces he has given us including the Rosetta comet chaser.

He has given me many words of encouragement and I will miss him.

God Bless you John J.