PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 06-13-2019, 07:18 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Loss of a good friend and fellow paper dude

Hello everyone,
Its with a very heavy heart I am passing along that Elliott passed away on the morning of June 11th. He has been a kind and steadfast friend for many years. I knew him before the advent of Ecardmodels and was among the first to leap forward into the adventure of Ecardmodels. He was always willing to go that extra mile or go out of his way to accommodate and help his friends. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone and was a pleasure to talk to. He was always pinging me when I would go silent for a while to make sure I was ok. He is already sorely missed and left a good sized hole in my heart. I will remember him fondly. I will share the message I got from his wife Linn at the end of this message. She said if anyone wants to share any words about Glenn (yes most of us knew him as Elliott) she would love to hear them.

I will be starting a fund to donate to charity in memory of Elliott. His charity of choice was anything related to helping children. She felt his preference would have been

https://www.stbaldricks.org/

There will be some kits appearing on Ecardmodels.com for purchase and all proceeds will go to charity. If anyone else would like to design a kit to this cause it would be appreciated. I will always set aside the proceeds from these kits for charitable donations. If you design a kit please reach out to me and let me know so I can plan appropriately. All kits will have this image on it in some way. Big thanks to airdave for making this! (attached)

Here is the letter I received from Linn earlier today. Elliot was 61 years old.

Hello Chris,

I'm using Glenn's email to get in touch with you. No easy way to tell you...Glenn passed away on Tuesday morning, June 11, 2019. He went to bed Monday night, tired, but no other complaints. When I got up Tuesday morning, I was not able to wake him. He had experienced a major bleed, brain hemorrhage. It is a type of stroke. It's caused by an artery in the brain bursting and causing localized bleeding in the surrounding tissues. The neurosurgeon said that Glenn had died peacefully in his sleep and did not experience any pain.

Glenn enjoyed working on and cataloging the card-stock models. It gave him a purpose and he felt that he was accomplishing something instead of sitting around doing nothing. With all his heath issues, there wasn't much he could do, so your website was a perfect fit for him.

Thank you so much for the opportunity that you gave him, and please know how much he did enjoy it (even if he did get frustrated from time to time).

Glenn's Loving Wife,
Linn
Attached Thumbnails
Loss of a good friend and fellow paper dude-glenn-tribute.jpg  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
My condolences to Linn and family. Here's a little something I sent for Linn (through Chris) about Glenn/Elliott.

Quote:
Way back late 2009 to early 2010, I "met" Glenn online when Chris put the call out for help in having photos put into the Ecardmodels online store. OSCommerce....remember those days? Back in those days, Glenn and I worked off a common worksheet getting photos tied to the proper model listings and eventually started helping to list models on the website. Glenn was always eager to help out with anything that needed to be done on Ecardmodels, including the mundane work of just re-naming images to the designer naming sequence. Eventually Bart taught Glenn, Ray and I to properly insert stuff into OSCommerce, of course, beginning with the images and then eventually the actual kits. The transition to the Magento software kinda gave us a learning curve, but with Glenn's help, we got those images back up and model listings became a little more involved and we began getting more and more help from the other current and past Ecard Staff. Glenn was always eager to get back into the fray of things, even with the new transition of the current store software of WooCommerce. Glenn periodically checked in as he was diligently renaming and organizing model kits in preparation of being listed in the new store system. I admired his tenacity to get things done and never seemed to waver, at least to me. Over on Papermodelers.com forum, Glenn was always on the front lines watching for spammers trying to infiltrate into the forums, offering words of support in model build threads or just generally, being the ol' cheerful Ecard Staff Member and Moderator of the forums. If a member was needing help, Glenn was quick to respond and if he couldn't take care of the concern, he made sure to get the help needed and ensured the member was helped. There were times when I needed to get something done on Ecards or the Papermodelers forum, but was unable to get to a computer and Glenn offered to help me out. Although small, I appreciated the help he provided and I'm sure, made him happy to know he was helping. I'll miss the help Glenn provided to us.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Sorry for your loss, Chris (and ours as well, it seems).
Old 06-13-2019, 08:18 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I have known Glenn for a very long time.

I will miss his advice, wisdom, knowledge, and over all sane humility
in this world.

Tail winds and blue skies my friend.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-13-2019, 08:27 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Glenn also was a moderator here on the forum, starting back in the old cardmodels. net days.

He would check in on me from time to time, asking how I was holding up or how my parents were, or what was new in the fields of Geography or Cartography.

Rest now Glenn, we have the watch

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 06-13-2019, 08:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.42 GB
Very sad news... He was a very understanding person. He'd send me a PM once in a while and ask me how school and family was going. I was going through hard times, and he always helped me feel a lot better. His words were always very heartwarming, and I know a lot of us felt the same way. My deepest condolences to all of his friends and family.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
I'm still just in shock.................

A great guy, good friend! He will be missed.

My Drawings
Old 06-13-2019, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
I never had the chance to meet him in person, but he is the one that convinced me to post my first build on this forum. And then gave me encouragement as I blundered along. I will miss him. Bon Voyage, Elliote!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sorry to hear this...
Old 06-14-2019, 04:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Sad news to read.
Google Adsense