PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.91 MB
Unhappy I'm finally giving up on paper models!!!!

i can't keep doing this up you all are much better designers much better then me! i can tell you this? i won't be doing more paper models away anymore! totally i have no more interested anymore i'm sorry all about who is ever reading this post! will be my last one anyway no one ever made any of my model so the one i have created i give them all away to all kids and adults too? i still have them all from my old ones patterns templates on my blogs and face book pages! only? i don't have them anywere else! but i did keep some of them for my self! if you still want them there still active on my blog website get them all free untill there all gone!

papermodelmatersexclusive's

click above this link and click on the left mouse button to enlarges it then click it again in the right mouse button and save as button and save it as a png files!

sorry my blog don't allow PDF or PDO files!
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Don't give up, the few models I have designed are not even close to being called good but I enjoy drawing them and will continue to do so as long as my health will allow it. The only way to improve is to keep going. Maybe the results do not always meet your expectations but you can always make them better with practice and determination, experience is what it takes and that comes slowly and at the expense of many hours of trial and error. Hang in there and keep trying!
Old 10-06-2019, 04:41 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Michael,

Do YOU derive enjoyment from the design process? Do you enjoy making them? Do you feel that you are learning and improving on you designs with every new one? If the answer is,"yes" then why stop?

If you feel that your designs are not up to snuff, then study other designer's techniques and apply them to your designs.

Go back and redesign older models to improve them.

Whether you get feedback on your designs or not, realize that you are part of an exclusive group as probably less than 5% of the people building paper models design anything.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Well said Armorman.

Hang in there Michael!

BP
Old 10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 11.23 MB
Hello.
Don't give up. In every field we start from scratch and gradually gain experience.
When you were born you couldn't walk, and if you said then "I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't"?
Training makes master and in some time you will laugh at today's design difficulties.
Let the design gives you pleasure and joy, and let the feedback from others be a nice addition for you. The longer you design, the more experience you gain and you`ll make better models, and the more people will appreciate it.
I know it from my own experience.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 311.30 MB
Michael, if your frustration comes from either a lack of interest or from a feeling of inadequacy when comparing your work to others - I completely understand. I don't think any artist looks at their own work without those critical eyes.

I've seen your blog and designs. As something of a niche designer myself, I understand that what I am building is of interest to only a few individuals. Honestly, it would be great if I saw pics of my designs or got feedback on builders impressions - but that is a very passive expectation. I don't choose to design for others. I design for myself and choose to share it with anyone who might be interested. Your cars are fun and interesting. Love it for what it is. Keep working to make it more enjoyable for you. Share your love of creation, because you are creative.

I know I'm restating what others are sharing, but this is a common feeling and worth talking about. We all deal with these concerns. Its worthy to say, "I think I should stop. I'm wishing I could do better." As well as its worthy to say, "I had fun doing this, but I think I'm ready to try something new."
Old 10-07-2019, 09:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
Michael,

I am not a designer; I do not have the talent. I admire anyone who DOES have the talent to turn a picture into a 3D paper model. I am a builder. I build models, because it gives ME pleasure. If others like my builds enough to accept them as a gift, that is a plus, but it is not the reason that I build.

I checked your web site because of this thread. I wish that I had found it years ago, because you models would have made great gifts for my grandchildren. Unfortunately, they are all now in High School or college. As a mater of fact, I downloaded a few of your concept cars, because I thought that I will enjoy building them for MY pleasure.

The point here is this. You and I may not be the leaders in our fields, but if it still provides personal pleasure, then let's keep doing our thing. I, for one, will keep building even if people throw my gifts away. I will only stop when the day comes that I look at my work table and say, "Man, this is a drag." I hope you feel the same way.

Now, get back to that drawing table and have some REAL fun!

John
Old 10-07-2019, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
I respect whatever decision you make because it's YOUR decision.
If you wanna stop, so be it.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I have neither the time, inclination nor the expertise to use CAD design programs to create paper models from scratch! So I build from kits, and I don’t feel the need to apologize for this. Where appropriate I will hand sketch up and design small components to enhance the fidelity of the models.
Designing and building paper models from scratch is not the be all and end all of card modelling. For those members who use CAD programs in their work, you have my up most admiration fora skill set I can never hope to achieve!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
You have to be a little bit selfish to do design work. I went through a couple rough patches -- once, when people got too pushy on requests and the second when I shared a repaint with someone and in less than two days it was on a pirate site.

Coming to realize that I need to design what I want to build and whether anyone builds it or not, was huge to my mental welfare.

You just need to do what you want to do. I hope you don't throw in the towel, but if that's what you need to do, then 'okay'. I hope that you can find something you want to design just for yourself, design it, build it and can say 'Yes, I'm glad I did this'
Google Adsense