PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Hey DC, glad to know the bridge was received and is now providing activity for a group under lockdown. Also hope you are managing to re- establish your shattered collection.

As a small side comment I am grateful this group, paper modelers, is here as a kind of ethereal family in this time of crisis.Checking in seems to help me through each day of self-isolation. Keep scoring, cutting folding and gluing people !
Old 04-09-2020, 03:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Hey DC, glad to know the bridge was received and is now providing activity for a group under lockdown. Also hope you are managing to re- establish your shattered collection.

As a small side comment I am grateful this group, paper modelers, is here as a kind of ethereal family in this time of crisis.Checking in seems to help me through each day of self-isolation. Keep scoring, cutting folding and gluing people !

Derek
Old 04-10-2020, 12:07 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
I have been buying Alan Rose and A.G. Smith kits up off eBay for a competitive activity between 7 group homes, 3 assessment centers, and today i was asked to help design positive distractions for youth in a child care placement who are also secured. The bridge went to one.

Why I have chosen these kits, instead of some of the free downloads here, is that the instructions are solid for beginning builders. They also have direct educational/cultural information potential.

Thanks Madbrit!

Now I am negotiating to buy a Saturn V rocket kit for another house. I can't post pics of the youth, due to privacy restrictions, but as the kits are built I might be able to share pics of the builds.

As for my collection? Well, It is recouping; slowly. I did find both my drum-print dryer and my flat print dryer from my darkroom that had been packed. As I experiment with restoration efforts of those kits that I lost, I'll try to share anything I learn that can be useful to others.

To the community and to our art...

Slainte!
Old 04-10-2020, 10:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
I will take a look at my stash, I may have some of the ones you lost and will never get around to building them.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Well DC, I'm back to Michigan from Florida. Out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak. There are more cases of the virus within 40 miles of me than the whole state of Florida. Staying home is first defense.

I have not forgotten my promise to replace your Empire State building, A.G.Smith Seaport and PMI P-38. I have the Empire State and Seaport ready to mail, but can't find the P-38. My stash is pretty well unorganized, so will keep looking. I'm not sure what the situation at the post office is, so that will affect getting it off to you.

Jim
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2020, 07:25 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
Well DC, I'm back to Michigan from Florida. Out of the frying pan into the fire so to speak. There are more cases of the virus within 40 miles of me than the whole state of Florida. Staying home is first defense.

I have not forgotten my promise to replace your Empire State building, A.G.Smith Seaport and PMI P-38. I have the Empire State and Seaport ready to mail, but can't find the P-38. My stash is pretty well unorganized, so will keep looking. I'm not sure what the situation at the post office is, so that will affect getting it off to you.

Jim

bought several airships that were wiped out but I have also been experimenting with restoring the lost kits. I have unpacked my drum print dryer and flat print dryer and begin experimenting with trying to moisten the dried and warped pages and re-pressing them.

Not a lot of success so far, I must admit. The paper doesn't want to flatten, or will get too wet and fray.

I have been working of a project with a number of group homes and youth placement centers t provide kits for an inter-system competition, between the settings, to encourage positive distractions for these youth who are quarantined and not allowed visitors, even from family. Some of the Alan Rose kits and McLoughlin kits seem to have the necessary instructions to encourage novice builders to get involved. Young people have very little experience building things, or working with their hands, on anything not virtual!