PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-07-2020, 10:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
parcel tracking?

So how does one reliably track a registered parcel from Poland after it leaves Poland?

I placed an order from Poland in early January and it was sent as a registered parcel that I could track until it left Poland.

Now I have been unable to track it after that and it has been "in transit" 4 weeks after leaving Poland.

USPS won't track it although I have been able to do that in the past.

Any other ideas?

greg
Old 02-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I always face a similar problem between Canada and the US.

Understandably, USPS serves the US and CanadaPost serves Canada.
They each can't track or control mail once it switches carriers.

In recent years, CanadaPost and the USPS have established a better system,
and many parcels are now tracked on both sides.
Limited info is available, but I can now maintain a better watch on deliveries.

Shipping from Poland is going to involve more barriers, more carriers, air transport and international customs.
More delays.

I'd say the only way to properly track a parcel, is use only one carrier.
In other words a "courier" or parcel delivery service like FedEx, UPS, Purolater, DHL, etc

This is also one reason I like Amazon shipping. The give real good tracking and delivery details for their own shipments.

Your parcel is completely invisible (to you) until it gets picked up by USPS...and then its just 'another parcel'.
It will have no special attention, like 'tracking'.
So you'll not know anything until its delivered.

I'd say the biggest delay it will face is the time it spends going through customs.
Be patient.

Early January purchase, means only about 4 weeks...not really that bad.
I'd say you still need wait up to 2 more weeks before you panic.
China and Hong Kong takes 8-10 weeks surface delivery.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:24 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Dave - This is so weird - in the sense that I can't understand why the service is always so shocking - like "we handed it over, so we don't care a stuff now".

Been through this sort of thing myself so understand the frustration.

I have been sent stuff Royal Mail registered and they somehow manage to track it to all sorts of weird countries regardless and Royal Mail themselves as the sender tells you where it is. I wonder why other carriers cannot oblige. This story of "we don't track each other's parcels" happens but is beyond belief.

------------------------

Greg - How did you pay? Credit card or Paypal you can get a refund if the goods don't pitch.

Try checking with the people you bought it from - some of the Polish companies are very customer-centric and will try and help as well.

If they are not helpful, demand a refund and see what develops. Sometimes nothing, sometimes activity.

Can I ask who the seller was?
Old 02-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Greg - How did you pay? Credit card or Paypal you can get a refund if the goods don't pitch.

Can I ask who the seller was?
This was not the first time I have ordered from Orlik and past service has been around the two week mark for priority shipping. I have no issue with their service.

I just find it odd that I can't track this in the states as I have been able to before.

I also can understand a month long wait for surface transport as I have had that method before due to content of order.

SO, that's why I'm perplexed.

(I am also hoping this post will spur the gods of irony or karma or whatever and I get home from work today and find a package waiting for me....)

greg
Old 02-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
I am also hoping this post will spur the gods of irony or karma or whatever and I get home from work today and find a package waiting for me....
or you get a three week delay...as a penalty for complaining? rofl
Google Adsense
Old 02-07-2020, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
i have often had problems not from shipper but from local couriers once parcel reaches nz.parcels are tracked from pick up at polish company ,at airport, left country , arrived in nz ,cleared customs then the local couriers get lazy and dont bother to scan until they turn up for me to sign for .no fault of suppliers
Old 02-07-2020, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
On one occasion I sent four parcels at the same time to the same USA address, fortunately with T&T and insurance. Three disappeared in the USA customs. They are probably still there in some sort of Edgar Allan Poe Maelstrom... Dutch mail reimbursed me. New parcels were delivered in about two weeks.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:35 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Orlik are good, so that rules out mistakes or issues from their side.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've only ordered once from Orlik and from memory, it took 2 months for the package to arrive in Aus. After the tracking showed it had left Poland, it was in "transit" limbo for a good 6-7 weeks, I'm not sure I was even notified it had made it to Aus.

Same thing with Angraf/Answer. That one went "missing" for two months then suddenly arrived on my doorstep, all emails to Answer while it was in transit were ignored.

The best postage times I've had have been from Drafmodel and GPM. Drafmodel small packages (rivets and nuts etc) arrive in about a week from purchase, my one and only purchase from GPM arrived in about 2 weeks, standard shipping, although they do charge a lot more than the others for shipping.

I also buy a lot of crap from China, Ali-express, mostly small parcels but the occasional large one and it's the same thing... Once tracking shows it has left the country of origin, it goes into that "in transit" limbo for weeks. Usually once they arrive in Australia, I have it on the doorstep within days.

I've since found that Ben Fentens of Fentens papermodels is actually based in Australia, I've already made one purchase from him and have ordered some laser parts for the dragon wagon. He said this might take some time to get hold of, but I'm happy to wait because once he has it, it's only going to take a few days to get to me... Much better peace of mind than waiting for something that's not very well tracked from the other side of the world.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 02-10-2020, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
99% of my problems have been after parcel is scanned clear of nz customs. its the domestic carriers that screw it up
Google Adsense