PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-22-2020, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 321.25 MB
Fiddlers Green

Anyone know if this site is still being operated
Been in there about three years and my password suddenly failed
Key does not expire until mid April
Sent about 6 password reset requests with no response
Tried to re-register with no luck
One of my favourite sites so not happy
Old 02-22-2020, 04:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I have two accounts there...been donkeys years since I logged in either.

First one doesn't work...could be real old.

But the other works fine...
I just logged in with an old password remembered by my browser.

Your issue is getting a response to reset your password?
That should be an automated thing...no reply from the staff required.
I'll try it with that other log-in (of mine) that didn't work...and report back.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
worked fine. my password is reset.

But...
first error...if you enter the wrong email address (and the site doesn't recognize it)
you'll need to reload/refresh the page and click forgot password again...
then you will see the message from FG stating that the email you entered is invalid.
For some reason, it doesn't show you this important info at first.
I put my email in three times before I saw the message that the email address I was using was no good.

Second issue...the reset email never arrived.
So I had to log into my email server and check the spam folder.
Sure enough, the FG password reset email was there!

So, just check your spam folders.
The email from FG contains a temporary password for you to log in.
Then its up to you to change your password in your profile.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.16 MB
Hi,
Contact SCOTT at [email protected] about your account.
He took over fiddlersgreen.net from his Dad.
He is a great guy and will help you.
Best Regards,
Gary
Old 02-22-2020, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 321.25 MB
Thanks gents, it’s a great little site, too good to lose
Old 02-23-2020, 10:42 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
If you don't hear from Scott send me a PM and I'll get directly in touch with him to help you.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
Fiddlers Green

The site is still working - Just test it now and I could still logged in

https://www.fiddlersgreen.net
Old 02-25-2020, 12:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
It's being operated still (by me) and I'm available every day by email or phone to help with resetting passwords, answering questions, and making sure donated store credit gets into the hands of whomever needs it. I still use Dad's ChipFyn at gmail dot com address and check it many times a day.

Fewer people have laser printers these days, so I've been mailing out models to teachers and home-schoolers on 60 lb stock off my second hand laser printer. I run it like a non-profit, which is not too far afield from saying it's not very profitable. The pirates have pretty much rendered me a volunteer.

Like my Dad, Chip, I've learned how to get by on very little. There's a strange pride that comes with that, and it feels like success. It's so very hard to "opt out" of what you don't believe in and "opt in" to what you feel in your heart is right and true. This is why FG will continue as long as I'm kicking, and I'm pretty sure long after that.

I grow my own food and fly without bags to spare the stupid fees they charge for whatever you can't carry in your pockets. I go where I'm needed, and if funds are short I'm not too proud to play my guitar in front of the convenience store until the bills are paid. Fiddlersgreen still exists, and will continue to exist, because of a nonsense notion and dedication that would survive a nuclear holocaust better than a cockroach. I lack health care, but I'm not willing to expatriate just to to have a doctor.

I'm here to keep it going. It's not for money. It's because it's a good thing. Those who understand this are still with us. Many pay their dues out of a sense of honor I can only aspire to understand. I have what I believe to be the best business consultant in the world, Bob Lutz, and a great networking genius, Justin Steiner, but I continue to tend cabbages and build soil as if it were all that matters. FG needs a much better leader than I am, but I will continue to fill in until that which is needed arises.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:07 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fyn View Post
It's being operated still (by me) and I'm available every day by email or phone to help with resetting passwords, answering questions, and making sure donated store credit gets into the hands of whomever needs it. I still use Dad's ChipFyn at gmail dot com address and check it many times a day.

Fewer people have laser printers these days, so I've been mailing out models to teachers and home-schoolers on 60 lb stock off my second hand laser printer. I run it like a non-profit, which is not too far afield from saying it's not very profitable. The pirates have pretty much rendered me a volunteer.

Like my Dad, Chip, I've learned how to get by on very little. There's a strange pride that comes with that, and it feels like success. It's so very hard to "opt out" of what you don't believe in and "opt in" to what you feel in your heart is right and true. This is why FG will continue as long as I'm kicking, and I'm pretty sure long after that.

I grow my own food and fly without bags to spare the stupid fees they charge for whatever you can't carry in your pockets. I go where I'm needed, and if funds are short I'm not too proud to play my guitar in front of the convenience store until the bills are paid. Fiddlersgreen still exists, and will continue to exist, because of a nonsense notion and dedication that would survive a nuclear holocaust better than a cockroach. I lack health care, but I'm not willing to expatriate just to to have a doctor.

I'm here to keep it going. It's not for money. It's because it's a good thing. Those who understand this are still with us. Many pay their dues out of a sense of honor I can only aspire to understand. I have what I believe to be the best business consultant in the world, Bob Lutz, and a great networking genius, Justin Steiner, but I continue to tend cabbages and build soil as if it were all that matters. FG needs a much better leader than I am, but I will continue to fill in until that which is needed arises.

Great to see you on the forum!
Old 02-26-2020, 12:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Not sure if I can edit my post. I got Justin's last name wrong. It's Reiners, not Steiner. He helped out a lot by getting us onto a new server.
Google Adsense