PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-24-2020, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
Aerospace Museum San Diego

I recently offered some of my models to the Aerospace Museum in Balboa Park San Diego. As you know it is one of the most comprehensive museums in the country. I sent them the attached video rather than pictures. I received an enthusiastic response and request for 20 models to loan for their Re-Opening hopefully June 1st. I thought, hey, a number of you folks have some pretty spectacular work that makes mine pale in comparison. So I am asking those from the expert level to see if you would like to have your model on display. They want both Aircraft and space related models. So far I have not informed them of my expanded concept including my associate modelers. I haven’t been active for awhile so this is a blanket request. The models would be on loan for and indefinite period with the right to recall it at anytime. I am offering to act act as the Distribution point. You would first send pictures of what you would like to contribute, then I would coordinate shipping through me so they have one contact to work with. I want the best of the best so we can wow visitors to what can be achieved in paper modeling. I know most of you are too humble to put yourself in that category so we may have to recruit Suggestions from the forum based on the reputation of top level modelers. This could be a fantastic opportunity to promote the hobby, and let thousands of people from around the world, see your work. I’m open to suggestions on the logistics.

Here is the link I sent them.

https://youtu.be/6gMo-VY-HCk

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Google Adsense
Old 04-25-2020, 07:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Awesome idea! They already have a very good plastic kit collection.