PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-19-2020, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
The problems I had with the PayPal account was that my credit card with it was hacked and large purchases were being done with it. So I was having to deal with clearing it through the credit union. Then since I wasn't using it much and only kept a small balance, the credit union started charging me a monthly user fee so I just cancelled the credit card and closed the account.

I've got more stuff then I'll ever build at my slow pace and short span left anyway.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.25 MB
I was never able to process a PayPal payment with GPM. It would just freeze. Switched to using the credit card directly but that only works occasionally. Frustrating so I now buy from other sellers with no problem. Ditto on having enough stuff !
Old 10-20-2020, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
Direct payment with Visa never worked for me on GPM so I always used Paypal. I guess different experiences for different people. Orlik and Super-Hobby both work fine for me.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:10 PM

RJM. the messages were phone calls from my credit union card security and on one that was a bunch of electronic stuff from China I had to go in and sign some forms to clear.

Seems pretty much no one has much luck trying to do a payment directly with a Visa card to GPM. Wish Paper Model Store would be active again, never had a problem with the several orders from them; or as far that goes, with PMI.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 147.05 MB
Re. GPM order

My experience is this. I have tried to order using my credit card and was not successful. I suspect my card company automatically blocked the transaction and did not notify me. Most recently I ordered 3 kits and one laser cut frame set late in the evening of September 27. I received notice that it was being shipped the next day. It arrived in my post office on October 4th. It required a signature which I was not able to do until the 6th.
All done with PayPal and the notification of shipment was in English.

I was very happy with the transaction. Also the package was well protected.
Just my 2 cents worth

John
Google Adsense
Old 10-21-2020, 05:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
The Paypal option wasn't available on their site when I ordered yesterday but all went through smoothly on the credit card: I'll hold back on any opinion on their performance until I get the model.

Never too sure about ordering from abroad but imported kits in the UK seem to be confined to Marcle Models (unless anyone can advise differently) and I've been quite startled at how much more they are there than at source, even allowing for horrendous postal charges from Europe.

The Gneisenau kit I've just ordered is £26 in Poland (without postage) and £70 here including postage; postage from Poland is £16. Of course this is all theoretical if I don't get the model/it's lost in Ruritania etc. etc. in which case I will have to forget the whole thing since £70 is just too much for me to take!
Old 11-09-2020, 07:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Just as a follow up to the above, my experience with GPM has been very good; they have reacted very promptly to my orders, no problems with processing via credit card, refunds on postage in both instances as they say I paid too much and pretty good delivery using trackable systems on both Polish Post and Royal Mail websites.

There was also a modest discount on the cost of the kit itself which I hadn't expected.

All round a very good experience.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
My only experience ordering from GPM resulted in expensive postage but items arrived well packed and faster than any other polish company I've ordered from (apart from Drafmodel laser parts that come in standard envelope). Can also say I've never had an issue with PayPal other than their buyer protection having a 90 day time limit which has only been an issue once due to Covid related postage delays.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 11-09-2020, 11:14 PM

As I said earlier, the only problem I seem to have is with Przelewy24 not accepting my VISA card so GPM never receives payment. Had my credit union run a trace on the transaction and they told me that the vendor, which would be Przelewy24, was rejecting and voiding the transaction.
Maybe I'll get around to trying it one more time. If it doesn't work and I decide I want the model that bad I might try and set up a PayPal account.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
i have found Orlik to be the best with gpm a close second sending to the UK.

Google Adsense