PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-29-2020, 09:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 396.75 MB
Send a message via ICQ to konguinio871 Send a message via AIM to konguinio871 Send a message via Yahoo to konguinio871 Send a message via Skype™ to konguinio871
Reaching out to John Dell

hello can you tell the designer john dell is that I send him messages and he has not read my messages
Google Adsense
Old 11-29-2020, 09:55 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I have told you multiple times, that John is very busy, and does not visit the forum on a daily basis, he will read the messages when he gets a chance.

Please be patient, as a paper modeler, this is a primary skill, you can practice it while waiting for John to reply to your private messages or emails.
Do not post your questions in other people's threads, this is bad forum etiquette, and is not needed.

So, just sit tight, be patient, and John will reply.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-04-2020, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Sorry everyone for being MIA for so long. There has been a lot going on. Even though I have been working from home, my work load has been pretty heavy. I work for a bioscience company and our products have been in great demand with the Covid-19 going on. I may have mentioned in the past that I have been learning the Blender 3D software. For the last several months I’ve been building a library of digital models of my company’s products. Plus, I have finally become proficient enough to start doing 3D animations for my company’s social media pages. If there is any interest, here is a link to my animations on LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/tos...ce-sep/videos/

I am also at the point where I want to try and use Blender to design more complex shapes for my card models. My plan is to try to do the parts for the radome on the Navy PB-1W Flying Fortress.

The last time I checked in I mentioned I was working on “Wulfe Hound”, the first B-17 captured by the Germans. My printer broke so I wasn’t able to do test builds. I now have a new printer and have been able to make progress. I plan to add the finishing touches and do a final build over the Christmas holiday. This will include parts to build either the U.S. or the German versions.

Now, on to B-24s. I have been working on a few upgrades to the B-24 kits which I want to complete before I upload them to Ecardmodels. I’m re-working the wing spar to be more like the one used in the B-17 kit. I’d also like to offer butt joint tabs like the B-17 kits have. There are also some detail upgrades such as offering parts for wheel well interiors. I also upgraded the artwork for the engines. Considering the interest in “The Dragon and His Tail”, I think I will re-post that kit as is. I’ll get it together to upload next week. I can at least add the engine art upgrades.

My good friend Anthony Sanchez (aka Swampfox) is in the process of moving and has been downsizing his collection of books and such. He was kind enough to send me a couple of large boxes filled with original B-17 technical, maintenance, armament and erection manuals. But the real prize was a copy of the illustrated parts manual for the B-17G. I’ve attached a few pages below. As you can imagine this is a massive tome of information, as well as a huge source of inspiration. I’d like to utilize this material to attempt a 3D digital model of a B-17 and perhaps a large scale B-17 card kit with an interior. We’ll see. In the meantime I’d like to use Blender to model shapes that are presently beyond my simple skills such as the PB-1W radome.

I hope all of you here on the forum are well and the upcoming holidays will be pleasant for you and your families.

Take care,
John
Attached Thumbnails
Reaching out to John Dell-us_navy_pb-1w.jpg   Reaching out to John Dell-wulf-hound.jpg   Reaching out to John Dell-pm1.jpg   Reaching out to John Dell-pm2.jpg   Reaching out to John Dell-pm3.jpg  

Old 12-04-2020, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's great to hear from you, John, and to get the update on your valuable work to fight COVID and your on-going research and upgrading of your WWII heavy bomber models. It's also good to hear that you have continued to be in touch with the Swampfox. I wish him well.

Best wishes,

Don
Old 12-04-2020, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 193.89 MB
Wow amazing work . MY grandfather flew B-17g's. I have all mission pic's ,someday I would love to do a paper model of his 17 . The technical books are amazing someone should do a reprint of those for us nuts and bolts guys . Here is a picture of Connie . He did not fly her long an 88 shell went through the radio room and out, did not explode . When they landed safe that night her back broke , so they pushed her aside and used her for parts
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Grandpa sitting on the radio room .

this is another plane he Flew the Arkansas Rambler. Grandpa Walt Second from the right top row

Last edited by skidoosnopro; 12-04-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Google Adsense