PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 02-02-2021, 10:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Alert! DVD set On eBay: The Race To Space

If you like rockets, you need to go to eBay and buy one of the cheap priced DVD sets called: The Race To Space America's Greatest Journey

Two disc set:
Disc 1 narrated by Mike Wallace. Starts off with actual footage of Sputnik 1 launch.
Soon you get to see Robert H. Goddard's wife narrate footage she took of one of the earliest liquid fuel launches.

Rapidly you see the German Rocket Travel Club launch some really crude, but incredibly awesome, rockets. Footage from an early science fiction movie made in Germany that financed the German rocket club, also gave them the props, then there is footage of them launching them.

Lots of V2 launches next. Ka-Boomers too.

Well enough about disc 1. You'll have to buy to see more, lots more great stuff. (First Flight of X-15 included)

Disc 2:
Apollo 11 lift off, Apollo 11 footage of the mission, recovery and quarantine on the Hornet.

Second disc has a slideshow of the photos taken during Apollo 11.

Has some footage of Apollo's 12, 15, 17 and all kinds of other stuff.

When's the last time you have seen a Saturn V lift off?

BTW-you might want to hurry, I posted this on a rocketry site too.

Bought mine years ago at Walmart for $3. Best three bucks I've ever spent.

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Last edited by mbauer; 02-02-2021 at 11:15 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 02-03-2021, 02:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Mike

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of this DVD. Just got mine from Amazon for $7.

Bob
Old 02-03-2021, 09:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmks2000 View Post
Mike

Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware of this DVD. Just got mine from Amazon for $7.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Wait'll you see what is on disc 1. It truly is about the Space Race. Politicians talking for and against Apollo, plenty of old rockets launches, Russian history with everything they were doing.

You don't even care about it being B/W instead of color.

About the Vanguard and how the US could of had a satellite in space 2-years before Sputnik, meet the dogs Russia sent up before man. Footage of them in space, on centrifuges, how happy they were to be back on solid ground...

Lots and lots of footage of rocket launches. Explorer 1 Launch from when power was put to the payload to spin it up, then to block house to watch the countdown in progress, meet the first JPL club. Basically everything that I've been reading about in my books.

Pretty sure you won't be disappointed!

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 02-03-2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo-more comments