PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-16-2021, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
My wife and I had two shots of the Pfizer vaccine.
No problems with the first but I was tired after the second and the wife had "flu-like symptoms after the second...but only for a day.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:11 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
We don't have any vaccines on the horizon at all.

South Africa (like other nations) agreed to go the COVAX route - but alas the Uk and Europe have largely denied stock to others by over-purchasing AND in many cases banning the export of COVID vaccines.

UK has for example secured over 400 MILLION doses of vaccine - for a population of 66 million (assuming every single person is vaccinated!).

While COVAX is distributing, this has sadly left them very short, and as a result, it is doubtful we will see a general roll-out of any consequence in the next 8 to 12 months, by which stage a different vaccine for the various mutations will probably be in use!
Old 03-20-2021, 11:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That's a bummer Kevin.
Had my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. Arm a little sore and a bit fatigued today, but since I'm just going to be laying around listening to the 12 Hours of Sebring no big deal.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 346.95 MB
Really sorry to hear that Kevin. Hopefully things change soon.

As a side note, I got my first Moderna shot on Wednesday the 17th when I took my mother in for hers - took the long shot and asked if they had an extra, as I'm her in-home care giver, and they wasted no time sitting me in the chair and sticking my arm.

Can't give a conclusive report on any side effects, as the 17th was also St. Patrick's Day here in the US and there may have been some undesirable repercussions from the evening following the injection....
Old 03-20-2021, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashedGlass View Post
Can't give a conclusive report on any side effects, as the 17th was also St. Patrick's Day here in the US and there may have been some undesirable repercussions from the evening following the injection....
Very amusing!

-------------------------

SG and Whulsey - Aaah, not to worry about us not having the vaccine. The fact it is not here means everyone is still careful, wearing masks etc and our figures are very low - better in fact than the "vaccinated" countries. Trends look good as well, though Easter is going to bite again!