PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Radio, tv, social media, newspapers - all full of Corona for almost two years now. It is becoming soooooo boring. Now here?! Can this be stopped now? Pretty please?
Old 11-01-2021, 08:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
While there are no written rules in the forum about discussing social, health or political issues, users are always encouraged to use common sense when posting.

This thread has been allowed to go on because this lounge is the off-topic place of the forum, where matters other than paper models can be discussed.

In that same vein: if anyone wants to see/discuss models, there are other sections of PaperModelers you can go to, and just simply ignore or not respond to this thread.

It is supposed the original poster wanted to vent something he wished to express. This was the subforum to do it. No rule was broken there. And so far the discussion has not derailed to insults or explicit discrimination. It shows you can all behave and demonstrate you can talk without fighting.

If you don't agree with what has been posted in this thread, it is also your choice to just ignore it, or to engage. If you chose to engage, please do it in a civilized manner. And that applies to all threads in the whole forum, not just this one.

If someone wishes this thread to be locked, or believes it is crossing any dangerous line, please remember there is a "report" button. When you click it you can tell the administrators and moderators why you believe it should be closed.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
This site is my refuge from the real world - I wanna see great model builds.
Paper, paper, I need more paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and maybe some pics showing paper in some shape other than flat.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I can't remember where I downloaded this from, but it seems sorta relevant to this thread.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Covid-19.pdf (4.42 MB, 75 views)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:17 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I can't remember where I downloaded this from, but it seems sorta relevant to this thread.

Thanks for sharing this!

It better to share designs than to become :unglued" by opinions and perceptions. They always wind up being "paper-thin."

"Score" one for "unfolding" the discussion and "cementing" the goal of building.

Now back to "edging" along...

Old 11-04-2021, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpusher View Post
I know this is offsite but a very well known scifi card model artist has made some disturbing covid restriction/vaccination comments on a well known social media website. This is a great disappointment.

If anyone on here shares the same opinion. Please keep it to yourself. Why Should you be the only one to have a say? I personally have had to deal with family members who I will eventually have to see hospitalized because of their misguided views and antics.

We all have had to deal with the last 18+ months and the sacrifices that were made for the greater good without publicly undermining such efforts.
Real curious why this has been allowed to continue. See my text in red on the quote.

Are we opening the forum up to anyone who wants to whine about not having control over somebody?

Mike
Closed Thread