PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.45 MB
I've been spending all my time lately selling off all the models I will never build, on EBay.
I never realized it would be so much work but it sure is fun and I've met a lot of new modelers too!

You can check out my offerings at www.Cardmodelsnmore.com

Russell
Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Wooden Pens

Rick -- Your pens are beautiful. Are the "corncob" barrels really made from corncobs, or is that the name of a type of wood grain, like "burl"? Do you ever do fountain pens? Don B.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrison View Post
Yes, you certainly do. Good equipment helps, but in the end, it's the eye (and brain) behind the lens that makes a great photograph. You have some truly stunning images on your Web page! Have you shown them to any local art galleries?
Thanks David. I have been a photog in one way or another for about 40 years now. When the digital cameras came down in price, I began shooting that way. I'll shoot anywhere from two to 20 shots on one subject and upload the best to the webpage. There are times when I like more than one and they too get uploaded. I am constantly updating the site with new images.

The only time galleries have seen any of my shots, was when I took a print in to get framed. I have asked if any would sell my images on consignment, but haven't found one yet willing to do so.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Well, I'm a freelance production-designer/art-director, so I have my own workshop, at this moment I designed a set for a Dutch television program, and starting to build it next week, then there is this 40 year old Citroen HY van sitting in the backyard of the workshop which need some welding...It's next to my 1973 Citroen DS Pallas, which needs also some bodywork..
But building cardboardmodels is realy relaxing..
Cheers, Billy
Attached Thumbnails
What are you doing, instead of Paper Modeling ?-imgp1217.jpg  
Old 10-14-2007, 01:13 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
Rick -- Your pens are beautiful. Are the "corncob" barrels really made from corncobs, or is that the name of a type of wood grain, like "burl"? Do you ever do fountain pens? Don B.
Don,

Yes, actual Corn cobs, resin stabilized.

I have not done fountain pens as of yet. but the Europeans and Baron/Navigators do have a fountain pen version, but I have not yet bought the hardware parts of a fountain pen kit, i will look into it in the future.

I am hoping to cut up some Box Elder scraps, which are big enough and contain Burl, hoping that turns into a nice pen.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 10-14-2007, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow, Rick. Those are cool!! I've always wished I had accesse to a lathe so I could try my hand at stuff like that!!!