PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
2012, The Hobby Room

I have the most understanding and patient wife on the planet. This is just the hobby room, not my workshop.

It's a disaster movie, but I get models built there. On the table is CT Ertz's Fredricksburg in addition to other models in various stages of completion. I have a reference library, two table top machining centers, a photo table, and just about every imaginable tool including one to bend photoetch! There's even a TV/DVR and a frig just outside to chill the beer.

The great thing is that I paid next to nothing for it all. I wrote for a hobby trade magazine for over a decade and much of that stuff, including the models, was given to me for review. I just never throw anything away.

I take none of this for granted. I have a ball in my "man cave" and cherish every minute of it.
Attached Thumbnails
What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_2698.gif   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_2699.gif   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_2700.gif   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_2701.gif  
Old 11-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
I have the most understanding and patient wife on the planet. This is just the hobby room, not my workshop.

It's a disaster movie, but I get models built there. On the table is CT Ertz's Fredricksburg in addition to other models in various stages of completion. I have a reference library, two table top machining centers, a photo table, and just about every imaginable tool including one to bend photoetch! There's even a TV/DVR and a frig just outside to chill the beer.

The great thing is that I paid next to nothing for it all. I wrote for a hobby trade magazine for over a decade and much of that stuff, including the models, was given to me for review. I just never throw anything away.

I take none of this for granted. I have a ball in my "man cave" and cherish every minute of it.
OK, its official I'm jealous. On a good day I can get the dining room table to build at for a few hours.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
OK, here's my mancave/laundry room/office/classroom/disaster area.

Scary thing is I actually know where most of my stuff is in here.:D

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
What does your workbench look like,right now ?-dscn1356.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-dscn1357.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-dscn1358.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-dscn1359.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-dscn1360.jpg  

Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
This thread is really cool. Thanks, RingMaster for starting it.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ok, I feel a little better about the clutter in my room now. I still needs a tidy-up though.
Attached Thumbnails
What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3889.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3890.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3891.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3892.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3893.jpg  

What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3894.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_3895.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 11:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
Man do I feel better! I bet we all thought we were the exceptions, I see some of the cleanest model builds here with pictures right out of a how to do it book and here is the real workshops, far from clean uncluttered snapshots....
Attached Thumbnails
What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_0018.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-img_0019.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 04:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My modelling workplace (and a close-up of pin-ups on the wall)
Old 11-02-2009, 04:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 603.33 MB
Here is the room I usually build in (if I am not sitting at the table in the kitchen.) It also acts as a spare bedroom, so I have to be able to clean it up from time to time. No, this isn't cleaned up right now! :D
Attached Thumbnails
What does your workbench look like,right now ?-cimg0015.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-cimg0016.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-cimg0018.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-cimg0017.jpg   What does your workbench look like,right now ?-cimg0014.jpg  

Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelperry View Post
OK, here's my mancave/laundry room/office/classroom/disaster area.

Scary thing is I actually know where most of my stuff is in here.:D

Greg
My kind of room! Hey, what's in the closet? Please say, "more models!"
Old 11-02-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane_mc View Post
Here is the room I usually build in (if I am not sitting at the table in the kitchen.) It also acts as a spare bedroom, so I have to be able to clean it up from time to time. No, this isn't cleaned up right now! :D
I notice the cat looking longingly at the "toys" on the wall!