PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 11-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
When you rub your feeet and make your fingr spark, that spark is about 70 Volts. That would toast a CPU. You can ground yourself by getting a cheap strap from Radio Shack that straps to your wrist and clips to a bare metal part of the computer. The only vacuum you should use are the special vacuums made for doing electronics that do not hold a static charge. Not a Hoover or Electrolux. No no no. Something like this if you could find a cheap version:

Data-Vac ESD-Safe Pro Data-Vac Professional Cleaning System (DV3ESD1) - Genuine Computer Accessories

When you blow with your mouth moisture always comes out, sometimes, even maybe, a loogie. Not advisable.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Old thread. Bringing it back to remind everyone that it is as important to back up today as it was back then.

I save weekly to a different computer. My main drawing computer running on windows 7 pro crashed last week. My back up computer has the most recent updated drawings saved to it and is running while I get replacement parts in to assemble a new computer.

My new computer got here, the new memory, power supply and GPU are on the way.

Once it is all up and running, will use the latest backup from my back up computer to install on the new computer.

First time I've had to use the back-up. Glad I chose to get a cheap computer with a big hard drive to back up with. Sure makes it easy to load files back onto a working computer.

Mike