PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The first paper model I built was Wilhelmshaven’s 1/250 logger ‘Sachsen’ I think the year was around 1972 or 1973. There were two kits on the sheet - the other identical ship is the ‘Abe Jade’ which I still have (yet to build) to this day! I might just have to build it for nostalgia’s sake. I ordered everything from John Hathaway’s catalog - anyone else remember him? I still have a catalog from 1976 that I always enjoy thumbing through. Ah, the memories... The prices in the catalog remind me of one of the reasons I started paper modeling - the Sachsen was a whopping $1.15!

The last model I purchased was Orlik’s 1/25 JT-34

My next purchase will be either the Orlik 1/25 VT-34, the Halinski M4A4 Sherman Firefly, or if I’m ever feeling wealthy enough, I’d REALLY like to get the Passat 1/250 Santa Ines or Pekari

Cheers, Corbin
Attached Thumbnails
First Kit, Last Kit, Next Kit-hathawaycatalog.jpg   First Kit, Last Kit, Next Kit-prices.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.51 MB
First real post on this forum and first and most recent commercial/retail kit purchases.

Dornier Do-X purchased way back in 1998. I think I got the Kubelwagen in early 2009. Note: the Do-X is still in shrink wrap. . .I'll get to it eventually.

Next purchase? Probably something from FG. . .part of me wants to join the fun I see here from among his kits.
cbg