PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 03-18-2010, 11:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
H&B Precisioncard

Hi everyone,

Four weeks ago, I purchased two kits from papermodedition.com
Paid with paypal and received the attached order confirmation.
This site is now down for reconstruction. When I purchased the kits, it said on the front page that they ship all over the world, but, when I tried to figure out the postage fees, they had two options only: USA & Canada. So I gave them a shipping address in New York. The order confirmation says that they ship the kits from VA via regular mail. The kits were not received there until March 15. I then sent two e-mails, one to H&B and the other to the owner of the Mowe and did not receive any replies. Also notice that the business address is in VA, USA and the phone number on the order is somewhere in Germany.

Also. Over a month ago, I asked over the Cardmodelers mailing list, that the owner of H&B Precisioncard, contact me. He did contact me, I sent him a question regarding a kit I purchased a few years ago, and until now, he did not bother answering me. It should have been a sign for me, but I went and purchased those kits anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on there. Any experience with them?

I purchased from them kits in the past without any problems. I read somewhere that they have different prices for USA customers, then for other countries.

Anyway, over three weeks from VA to NY seems to me a little too long.

Thanks for your help.

Moshe
Attached Thumbnails
H&B Precisioncard-hbpc_kitsorder.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-19-2010, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
I've never dealt with this site but it now says it is closed for "reconstruction".
Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
I know he travels on business a fair bit. He's always responded to my emails, even if a few weeks after I sent them.

Wyvern
Old 03-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
I've never dealt with this site but it now says it is closed for "reconstruction".
Yes, probably, because I found a loop hole there, used it and now they want to close it :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
I know he travels on business a fair bit. He's always responded to my emails, even if a few weeks after I sent them.
Wyvern
I'll wait until the end of March, and then if there is no reply yet, I'll contact Paypal.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Moshe, dont wait too long. Paypal requires that you open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction. Learned the hard way.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
I think I found found the site you are talking about open elsewhere under the address Wilhelmshaven, Papermodels, Cardmodels, Modelkits, Modellbaubogen, Bastelbogen, Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau, Kartonmodelle, Architektur (at least the style and the colours of the opening page suggests that). It was updated this February - so maybe they just moved and that was the 'reconstruction'?
If this one is the same your talking about it seems they have some connection to a very sound and respectable German publisher Wilhelmshaven (at least they respresent lot of W:s catalogue and that would explain the German telephone number). You might want to contact the German side straight and try to solve the matter. Talking to PayPal is good idea too, but do it fast.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Have you tried calling the phone number? I've dealt with Peter for years over the phone placing orders.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royaloakmin View Post
Moshe, dont wait too long. Paypal requires that you open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction. Learned the hard way.
I'll do it within one hour, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
Have you tried calling the phone number? I've dealt with Peter for years over the phone placing orders.
The phone number that's on the attached image, is in Germany, probably of the MOWE company. And the address of the business is in VA, USA. A nice
way to ignore unwanted business. Each one says that the other will take
care of it I e-mailed both, the USA and Germany e-mails and none answered me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
I think I found found the site you are talking about open elsewhere under the address Wilhelmshaven, Papermodels, Cardmodels, Modelkits, Modellbaubogen, Bastelbogen, Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau, Kartonmodelle, Architektur (at least the style and the colours of the opening page suggests that). It was updated this February - so maybe they just moved and that was the 'reconstruction'?
If this one is the same your talking about it seems they have some connection to a very sound and respectable German publisher Wilhelmshaven (at least they respresent lot of W:s catalogue and that would explain the German telephone number). You might want to contact the German side straight and try to solve the matter. Talking to PayPal is good idea too, but do it fast.
This is the site where I placed my order. Looks like it's up again.
And there are two different e-mails for us to choose from. One is behind
the email link and the other is at the bottom in small letters.

I'll wait until Tuesday for their reply, and if not received, I'll contact Paypal.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Moshe,

I've had dealings with Peter a few years ago when I had Cardmodels.net. Business-wise he was always on the up and up. I also bought from him personally at a couple hobby shows in Toronto prior to that. As far as the German number is concerned I seem to recall that he went into a partnership of sorts over there with a popular model company (can't remember the name). Anyways, I'm just trying to reassure you a bit
Talk soon
Ron
Old 03-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
From the cardmodels Faq:
Quote:
H&B Precision Card Models carries the Wilhelmshaven, HMV, cfm, JF Scheiber, and papmobil models from Germany, the LJ line and the BC line from Australia, the LS line from Holland, Alcan from Spain, JSC and FlyModel from Poland, and Promotion Models from the USA. LJ makes HO & N scale buildings and a couple of steamboats. The LS line is an eclectic mix of planes, buildings, ships, birds, and old-time autos. FlyModel publishes airplanes and naval vessels; the supply of these can be a little erratic. cfm publishes about 15 ships and aircraft, including some reprints from the now-defunct Kranich line of the former East Germany. Promotion Models are a line of small civil aircraft. H&B also publishes the American edition of Möwe, the newsletter of the Friends of Wilhelmshaven Models. Subscribers receive a 10% discount on all models ordered, so a subscription easily pays for itself.
H&B Precision Card Models 703-620-9727
P.O. Box 8173 703-620-9720 (FAX)
Reston, VA 20195