PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Happy New Year

It's almost 2008 in Oz - I'd like to wish everyone all the best in 2008.

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2007, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Happy New Year to you too and I wish that 2008 will be better than 2007
Old 12-31-2007, 08:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Happy New Year Charlie!
You wil be already in 2008 while the US still has several hours of 2007 left :D
Old 12-31-2007, 08:34 AM

well its 16.36 where i live
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
It's 9:47 at my place
Most of the world will welcome the 2008 before I have a chance to shoot some fireworks..
On a bright side - West Coast will be 3 hours behind and there are Hawaii with 5 more hours to wait :D
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Getting close to noon on New Year's Eve in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA. We'll be in town for diner and Carlisle First Night activities with our younger son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons, but back home to toll the New Year in.

The Central Pennsylvania (actually the area in the southeast, west of Philadelphia) towns have all taken on the custom of dropping some iconic object at midnight. Of course, York and Lancaster drop white and red roses, respectively. Mechanicsburg drops a wrench; Dillsburg, a pickle; Cleona, a pretzel (what, you've never heard of the famous Cleona butter pretzels?); Shippensburg, an anchor; Harrisburg, a strawberry (the central plaza is called Strawberry Square); Hershey, a kiss (a silver paper-wrapped chocolate candy representing the Hershey's Chocolate that built the town); and there are many others (Ted -- do they drop a mushroom in Avondale?).

Our town of Carlisle drops a car -- a "mini-Indie" racer -- since Carlisle is the home of major car shows, the mini-Indie race is one of many festivals that take place in downtown Carlisle, and, of course, it's Car-lisle.

My New Year's resolution is to get some of those partially-built models completed.

Happy New Year to all!

Don Boose
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA
Old 12-31-2007, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.95 MB
Send a message via ICQ to Johnny
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Only two and a half hour left of 07 now,so me and my little guy are having some fun with some ground fireworks......well he has some fun with it
Old 12-31-2007, 01:10 PM

3h50min
to all modellers a happy and healthy 2008

Edi
Old 12-31-2007, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosed View Post
Getting close to noon on New Year's Eve in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA. We'll be in town for diner and Carlisle First Night activities with our younger son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons, but back home to toll the New Year in.

The Central Pennsylvania (actually the area in the southeast, west of Philadelphia) towns have all taken on the custom of dropping some iconic object at midnight. Of course, York and Lancaster drop white and red roses, respectively. Mechanicsburg drops a wrench; Dillsburg, a pickle; Cleona, a pretzel (what, you've never heard of the famous Cleona butter pretzels?); Shippensburg, an anchor; Harrisburg, a strawberry (the central plaza is called Strawberry Square); Hershey, a kiss (a silver paper-wrapped chocolate candy representing the Hershey's Chocolate that built the town); and there are many others (Ted -- do they drop a mushroom in Avondale?).

Our town of Carlisle drops a car -- a "mini-Indie" racer -- since Carlisle is the home of major car shows, the mini-Indie race is one of many festivals that take place in downtown Carlisle, and, of course, it's Car-lisle.

My New Year's resolution is to get some of those partially-built models completed.

Happy New Year to all!

Don Boose
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA

Don,

You forgot my personal favorite - Lebanon, PA Drops the giant Lebanon Bologna!

Kevin Stephens
York, Pennsylvania
Old 12-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Eternal Member

Happy New Year

3h15m

Where I was born in Yorkshire it was First Footings you needed a tall dark man carrying some greenery and a piece of coal, he put the coal on the fire and gave it a poke, gave you the greenery and then proceeded to drink all your free beer. He was also supposed to wish you a Happy New Year. Sadly I no longer count my hair is white and we have no coal but I will drink your beer and wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Google Adsense