PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Thumbs down Work sucks!

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to pay the bills without having to do it...
Old 01-08-2008, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
I'm right there with ya. I quit a well-paying, but difficult and frustrating job with lots of responsibility last year and took a crappy job with little to no responsibility. I was soon promoted to supervisor (with a raise in pay). :( At least with this job I don't take any work home with me. It pays the bills and that's about it.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Especially if its just a job and not something you can enjoy. I'm somewhat in that situation now. Making more money then I ever made along with really decent benefits package, but just have to force myself to show up most days.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Been there....done that....got the tee-shirt and came home. Laid off two months ago, said to hell with it and started my retirement. Loving every minute of it....hang in, guys. There is a happy ending eventually. Just wish I still wasn't wondering what I want to be when I grow up!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Aviation Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
There is a happy ending eventually. Just wish I still wasn't wondering what I want to be when I grow up!
I know what I want to be - I want to be a stay-at-home dad / modeller / video game player / golf hack. Pretty much what I do in my free time now - just more of it :D
Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansls1 View Post
I know what I want to be - I want to be a stay-at-home dad / modeller / video game player / golf hack. Pretty much what I do in my free time now - just more of it :D
Dan,
No 'kiden - Me too!
I think I should have gone into teaching....That way I'd have my summers off with the rest of the family.
What video games are you into? I play Call of Duty from time to time on xbox live.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Aviation Moderator

Currently playing Hellgate London on the PC and Tiger Woods 2008 on the Wii. I was a big World of Warcraft addict for a couple years, glad I got over that - much too big of a timesink.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
I also hear the siren's call. We had an early retirement op last May but I was in the middle of driving a bunch of whining cattle to finish a job that will make billions for HP. My reward? Multiple stabs in the back and a manager who rated me in the bottom third of the group. No raise, no bonus and being told that I suck on top of it. I'll be 55 with 21 in August and am 85% going to give the finger to the place. Don't take a job at HP if you can avoid it.

My goal is to recover from my shoulder problems (HP caused by they deny all claims) recover my golf game and design and build models til I die. Oh, and suck up any social security I can from everybody else's kids along the way. Make certain that you get them all good educations and whatnot to help me out please.

Anyway, yes, work sucks in a way I never imagined it doing, and I long to be a burden on society. I just need enough cash to visit Barry and Renaud and Ted.

Carl
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Carl, don't forget to stop in at my hobby shop (maybe will have it completed someday) if you ever come through SE Idaho.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Banned

I have been uninsurable for 10 years. I had a hearing in front of an Social Security Judge and established that they turned me down because they said I didn't have enough quarters built up. I had worked for Sikorsky for almost 10 years. It was a glitch that cost me 10 years worth of Social Security. I have proven the case and have to wait to find out is they will pay up. My lawyer is extremely confident, I am not.
When you can work, it does suck. When you can't, it sucks worse. It's not like I can stay home and build model. No money. I buy everything used (which makes me GREEN I guess). I fix everything I own. I had a TV repair shop for 8 years so I try to fix "everything". I have a 1978 GT16 Sears tractor that I had to re-build as I cannot afford a new tractor(they don't make them like these old one anyways). It is really difficult to do these things with a Spinal Cord injury but I do, no choice.
I really do remember that working for "the man" sucked, even when I was self employed, but this situation bites the big one. I would also like to take up the opportunity to state if I ever come off as a Jerk I really do apologize. This forum is a haven for me. I appreciate everything everyone posts and read almost every post as they are posted. I am in awe of so many of the modelers and designers here. It is amazing what people can do with the work they enjoy.
Google Adsense