PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
US WRC Coverage

Are there any other race fans out there who are dissappointed that us fans in the United States can get no TV coverage of the World Rally Championship? It drives me nuts. I just sent the following to Speed TV - if there is anybody else out there who shares my dissappointment, maybe you can send them something similar

"I am writing to express my displeasure at the lack of World Rally Championship (WRC) races on Speed. A few years ago you had a nightly recap show every day of a rally, that was minimal coverage but it was something. Now the only coverage a US fan is able to get is on the internet. Even with streaming videos, this is very minimal, especially during an actual rally. Is there any possibility of bringing any WRC coverage back to Speed?"

Here's the link to their Feedback site: http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/
Old 01-14-2008, 02:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yeah, I am very dissapointed about the lack of coverage for WRC. I didn't get into the series enough to know the drivers, but back when it was on TV the rallies were some of the best racing on.

Speed does not even mention WRC in it's recap shows. They talk about NASCAR, F1, GT, and even the motorcycle races but no WRC. Seems like there was some kind of disagreement between WRC governing body and Speed about monetary compensation. I did contact Speed a few years ago when they took WRC off the air, but did not get any kind of feedback from them.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I'd just like to see more about WRC anywhere along with the Pro Ralley series here in the States. Not having Speed (actually with not having a tv, gasp) I'm probably not in the best position to urge them to carry it.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
I'd just like to see more about WRC anywhere along with the Pro Ralley series here in the States. Not having Speed (actually with not having a tv, gasp) I'm probably not in the best position to urge them to carry it.
Bah - they don't know that :D