PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Exclamation Zealot forum

Zealot forum is the victim of site hijacking. Some stupid redirect site.

I mention it as I know a fair few of us are members there. I have to wonder if any admins are here (like Ekuth) who can address the issue.

I would be unsurprised to see the hijack is also a potential source or ad bots, but I've not the expertise to tell.

Crazy, as this is the second site in our community that's been hit with redirect hackers.

Sean
Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.26 MB
Thanks for the heads up. There has to be some really sad individuals out there is all I can say. Probably the same crowd that finds nasty crank calls funny. Let's hope there's no harm done to our other fine paper modeling site.

Cheers
Jim
Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Very annoying... I always imagine these punks to be: Short - very fat - loads of zits - god damn awful breath - hardly any hair - a really bad B.O problem and incontinent !!!!! They try to get a girl and FAIL.... sooooo all they have left in life is to make everyone suffer... well, if you are one of those punks doing these rotten things to folk - Sick dynamite up your derrière and push the plunger.

P.S My apologies to anyone who actually fits the description i gave to the PUNK who doesn't actually do bad things
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Just sent an email to Ekuth to make sure he was aware of the problem,just hope that it's an easy fix.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
Well it says crwdcntrl, which leads me to believe it's Crowdcontrol, the owners of Zealot. I think it's going under maintenance. Don't hold me to it, but I think so.
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Just sent an email to Ekuth to make sure he was aware of the problem,just hope that it's an easy fix.
Thanks Phil... Chris will sort it out soon i hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange View Post
Well it says crwdcntrl, which leads me to believe it's Crowdcontrol, the owners of Zealot. I think it's going under maintenance. Don't hold me to it, but I think so.
I hope you are right about it just being maintenance - but as far as i am aware, a redirect to some other place is happening, i will have a look later, thanks.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
That would be a relief, although oddly implemented maintenance if that is the case. Most site CMS software has a maintenance mode that allows admins to post a 'Down for Maintenance' notice. I would be surprised if Zealot did not.

I do hope that is all the issue. Thanks Gixergs for the e-mail. I should have thought of that, I suppose, although I don't know if that is available in the profile.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
Its in the new admin for Zealot thread when he first took over and offered up an amnesty for us naughty boys (long story no need to go in to it) I just had to track it down,matter of wait and see now,
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.44 MB
http://crwdcntrl.net/ - Checked up on it, I think it is maintenance. However, it can also be a problem, so who knows.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.34 MB
Well, if Ekuth is a member here I hope the maintenance will finally allow me to see images within the threads and to be able to post. So far, my emails to him regarding these technical issues have gone unanswered.
Google Adsense