PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Casual Paper Projects

Old 12-16-2009, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Arrow 1/250 CSS Nashville For American History Fans

My paper model for School History Lessons

My model in Ecardmodels store 1/250 CSS Nashville by Casualpaper Figaro

CSS Nashville, a 1221-ton side-wheel steamer, was originally a passenger steamer built at Greenpoint, New York, in 1853. She was seized by the Confederacy at Charleston, South Carolina, in 1861 and converted to a lightly-armed cruiser. Nashville made one combat cruise under the Confederate Navy flag, starting in October 1861. She captured and burned the sailing merchantman Harvey Birch in the English Channel on 19 November, and spent some time at Southampton, England. Returning to American waters early in 1862, she captured and burned the schooner Robert Gilfillan on 26 February. Two days later, she ran the blockade into Beaufort, North Carolina, remaining there until mid-March, when she went to Georgetown, South Carolina.

Sold to private interests and renamed Thomas L. Wragg, she operated as a blockade runner, but was hindered in this employment by her deep draft. After arrival near Savannah, Georgia, she was sold again in November 1862, to become a privateer under the name Rattlesnake. On 28 February 1863, while still in the Savannah area, she was destroyed by the monitor USS Montauk.

I will be glad to see the photos of finished models with feedback on my E-mail: [email protected] for dubovyk Artem.
Best Regards!!!
Google Adsense
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Need more models from this series?
Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Sure! What are you working on?