PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 10-24-2011, 04:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Orange Lamborghini Murcielago

An old and discontinued project of mine, but since I'm new to the PM Forums, why not show you all what I am capable of?

The story goes, I was very close to finishing it when my little cousin, whose family was invited over, thinks it was okay to dig his finger right in between the windshield and "hood" is (I say "hood" because that's typically where the hood is but if you know Lamborghinis, they're notorious for the large engine in the back, and the trunk in the front). This rip in my paper model is not repairable, I would have to completely make a new chassis, and the problem with that is, the chassis is already glued to the frame, already glued to the very detailed interior, so the option for someone who does not want to go through strenuous déjà vu was to simply discontinue it. But anyway, this is what I have/had.

Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 AM

Part II

Old 10-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Eternal Member

nice work I would have just finished it and put a bikini clad model drapped over the hood covering the damage
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Banned

That came out really nice! I hope you don't mind if I give you a link to another similar style model, that also comes out nice, and gives you room to detail.

Google Translate

This model goes together really nice. I have made several for friends. With a little work, you can go a long way with this. I am redoing the design for personal use, adding opening doors and better wheels. One sweet model. Your Lambo came out really nice, this would make a nice car to add to your stable. I guess you could always scale up or down to match, I don't remember the scale of this.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
That's the 1/18 scale Lambo? What do you use for glass?
Google Adsense
Old 10-24-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
nice work I would have just finished it and put a bikini clad model drapped over the hood covering the damage
Haha, not a bad idea, though just like in reality, clad models are hard to come by in the papercraft world.

Quote:
That came out really nice! I hope you don't mind if I give you a link to another similar style model, that also comes out nice, and gives you room to detail.
That's a pretty nice model, do you know what make that car is?

Quote:
That's the 1/18 scale Lambo? What do you use for glass?
I recall there were 1:18's and 1:14's for this template, comes in many different colors as well. From the one picture where I show the bottom of the car at an angle, the ratio seems to say 1:14? I'm too lazy to walk over to the Lambo to check in person, I'm already at the computer haha. :D Also, for the glass, I used a flat piece of plastic that you always find on packages for toys, pens, etc.

Last edited by thomasvo10; 10-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned

The car is a Lotus Europa, a personal favorite that seems to come up to my knees in height. A friend of mine had one, it was a blast to drive. An extremely overpowered go kart, with a body and windshield and good brakes, almost a car! (only kidding). I've always wanted one, but they can be a labor of love and if it is "together" it is out of my reach. Made out of fiberglass with a wishbone metal frame.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
The car is a Lotus Europa, a personal favorite that seems to come up to my knees in height. A friend of mine had one, it was a blast to drive. An extremely overpowered go kart, with a body and windshield and good brakes, almost a car! (only kidding). I've always wanted one, but they can be a labor of love and if it is "together" it is out of my reach. Made out of fiberglass with a wishbone metal frame.
Very nice, I just really enjoy exotic and uncommon cars.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Where I worked in the early 70's our machine shop foreman (who was about 6'1") had an Europa. It was interesting watching him 'put it on'.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Banned

Re-posting the Lotus Europa link as the one above does not work.

ƒy[ƒp[ƒNƒ‰ƒtƒg@‚‹´ƒGƒRƒ‰ƒ“ŽÀŒ±Žº-Ž‘—¿
Google Adsense

Tags
lambo, lamborghini, murci, murcielago, paper