PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
Ze Reis have you used wire for the centers off the rams or are thay paper. Its coming to gether well done a good job on the lights i put a small nail in the centre with the haed on the in side of the light to look like a bulb on the crane.but will try the scoring on the nest light i do. Are you going to add a bit of oil leekage on some of the hose conecsions.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
romanmodels, it's wire with 3mm of diameter, as referred in the instructions, parts P6 and P7.

part of the sheet with the template of wire parts.

In the headlights the wires that you can see in photo go a little into the interior, the reflection give an idea of the lamp. You can see this reflected color in photo in which the lights are all together after drying.

Can not take oil, the idea is exactly the contrary, is intended to arrest slightly to keep the bucket system at any position.

In my workbench -> Excavator HSW L-34 (Renova Model Nº4)
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
i was thinking whith the weathering most diggers and loaders that i have seen seem to have a bit of hydrolic oil leeking on the rams or from the odd hose conecsion.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zé Reis View Post
jagolden01, I think that the feedback is important, for example your opinion about the weathering it's important.
Along this two months, I can count by fingers of a hand the members that maintains some conversation.
Ze Reis, to reinforce some of the other comments, I don't think you can take the lack of "conversation" as negative. Your build is simply so astounding, that many members, myself included, never expect to reach your level of skill, and feel they don't have anything to add.

I commented in AlanG's Harley Davidson thread the other day that his thread and yours really illustrate for me why this hobby is so addictive. It can be taken to any degree of realism, as you so clearly illustrate with your build, and to any subject as illustrated by Alan's thread, and the numerous others here covering every subject under the sun. I'm even building a model bird right now!

All I can do in this thread is sit in awe and I soak up a few bits of knowledge and technique while I watch a master builder.

Keep up the great woirk,

Steve
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Eternal Member

Finished motor cover and another cover located between the previous and the cabin.

In my workbench -> Excavator HSW L-34 (Renova Model Nº4)
Google Adsense
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM

Holy (expletive deleted)! Is all I can say, the engine alone should when you picture of the week! in the presence of a master! Well done indeed!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I do hope that the engine cover is hinged or at least can lift off easily. Excellent work
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Ze, does the adding all the paint make the whole structure any stiffer and/or sturdier? And don't you have any problems fitting parts on to the already painted sections?
Going great so far. And like others say, don't worry about a lack of comments. Your pictures say a lot and document the build in an outstanding way. Lots of people are in awe and may perhaps think they'll never reach this level so they just watch in silence. Perhaps those of us who do write comments just ask the questions all of us want to ask. Besides, you have lots of views. That also counts, I think.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Zé, since you paint the model how you take care of the printed details like logos and lettering. Carefull painting or do you cut these details out from an other set (scanned perhaps - that is how I usually do in these cases, scan the kit and print those parts on a thinner paper and use them as 'paper decals'). Great build so far. I like your choice of not dirtying or mudding the model too much. I know some operators are proud of their tools of trade they keep them in prestine condition between work projects.

BR Tappi
Old 03-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thanks for showing us the template for the way the pins and other items are formed - great deal of skill and dedication to get these exactly right, you have a mastery in this field, and i am sure that there is nothing you couldn't make. You are a bright shining star on PM DOT COM, and i for one feel honoured to have you here. Keep up the great work.
Google Adsense