PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 01-22-2012, 11:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Kosmonaut View Post
*DING!*
Instant update! I kept on going, I apparently was on a good flow. After some extensive drying in the oven, I gave the landscape a dab of paint (acrylic titanium white) and I did some necessary reshaping to the still damp lower ends of both sides of the crevasse. Then, with all the paint still wet, I dusted some gypsum powder over the top and in the crevasse. There! Instant snow! After blowing off most of the residual powder there still was enough to give the diorama that snowy effect it needed. And even though the tracks aren't on, when I put the Sno-Cat on its future place, it already shows it has the right look!
Definitely has the right look!! Many thanks for the SBS process pics. I know it has given me some ideas for future projects.
Cheers..
Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Incredible! Sweet build and crevice build!

Mike
Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Excellent work on the Sno-Cat and the snowy crevasse! Can't wait to see the final scene!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
+1 to Art Deco's comment.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Thanks! (-:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Cool!, something like 30 below zero
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Sometimes you can look at a model you're working at and suddenly you get that feeling of "this actually could look better" or rather, "I could actually do better".
So that's what happened yesterday morning when I looked at the Sno-Cat. I liked the drive train piece but I found the coachwork could do with some more detailing, After all, I am used to build things much smaller than this and this was just too easy. So I started over with the top part. I gently cut loose the drive train part and made a new chassis and coachwork. This time with an interior. The original photo shows Rock 'n' Roll, Sno-Cat (B), with an opened cargo door at the back. Since I wanted to try and get as close as possible to that picture I just had to. So I fiddled a bit with different types of paper and colours to make the interior. I'm not quite finished but I have come quite far already.
I used a transparent semi-matte sheet protector for windows and used CA to glue it to the paper. As I hoped for, (normally you wouldn't want this to happen but it's just what I wanted) it fogged up nicely. The coachwork is not yet glued to the chassis because I still want to do some stuff in the cargo compartment. And you might not be able to see details in the cabin interior itself but it is there. (-;
When that's done, I only have to do the bonnet and little doodads, thingamabobs and whatchamecallits on the outside again and I am back where I was with a better Sno-Cat.
Attached Thumbnails
Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4228.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4229.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4230.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4231.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4232.jpg  

Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4233.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4234.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4235.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4237.jpg   Tucker Sno-Cat Commonwealth Trans - Antarctic Expedition 1957-cimg4241.jpg  

Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
That looks like it would scale up nicely. Great job! So many tiny parts!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
First time that I've seen a model where you want the windows to be fogged up. Great final result.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 190.42 MB
Hi Paper Kosmonaut:
Beautiful work! The detailing you made and that brilliant idea of using the undesired side effect of cyano is great.
I still hope one day to build this model. Got very enthusiasmed when the model was showned here some two years ago and it is was exactly the same photo of the real thing that motivaded me. Mine is still to be done. You've accomplished and quite well.
Congratulations
Best regards
Carlos
Google Adsense