PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 726.58 MB
First off, excellent work. I've been waiting for a 3rd gen Trans Am paper model for a looong time. I've owned 4 so far, 2 were donor cars and the other 2 were driving cars. I started transforming my '86 into KARR before I sold it. I was in the process of restoring an '84 when I fell on rough times. Anyway... For my own personal use, I resized the hood bird from a 1983 Trans Am and pasted it onto the hood cowl of your gray model. I was going to use this exact same paint scheme with this bird graphic on my car when I got that far along. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Divorce is a terrible thing :*(

NewBitmapImage-1.png photo by wil31671 | Photobucket

Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by will71 View Post
First off, excellent work. I've been waiting for a 3rd gen Trans Am paper model for a looong time. I've owned 4 so far, 2 were donor cars and the other 2 were driving cars. I started transforming my '86 into KARR before I sold it. I was in the process of restoring an '84 when I fell on rough times. Anyway... For my own personal use, I resized the hood bird from a 1983 Trans Am and pasted it onto the hood cowl of your gray model. I was going to use this exact same paint scheme with this bird graphic on my car when I got that far along. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Divorce is a terrible thing :*(

NewBitmapImage-1.png photo by wil31671 | Photobucket
Sorry to hear that Will, I feel for you... My family has collected classic Oldsmobiles for generations; my Mom once had a baby blue '68 Cutlass Supreme that was T-boned by a guy with no insurance. It was repairable, but she also was dealing with rough times and couldn't afford to fix it. She sold it for $50 to someone who, instead of repairing it, stripped the interior and crushed the car. She was devastated; that car was her baby. A car itself isn't much more than metal and paint; I think what really gives it meaning is what it represents and the TLC that goes into it. It's something you put your heart into and can take pride in, not unlike paper modelling or almost anything else that people feel passionate about.

Ok, that's enough sappy stuff from me You're decal looks great; I always thought those were cool-looking. Any chance we might see some build photos?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:13 AM

Wow. I would have cried. The last car I sold, the '89 that I was working on, needed a new engine, as the one that was in it had seized up. I started working on other stuff while I saved up for it. When it was time to give in and let it go, I found out a few weeks later that the guy I sold it to turned around and sold it to a salvage yard :(

I cried :*(

Anyway, my printer needs ink, and your cars have been moved to the top of my to-do list. But absolutely, I can take pics when I start them.

I'm going to look for some kind of car hauler to put them on, because I'm running out of space to put all my models, and I thought a trailer, possibly like a tractor-trailer, would be a cool display as well as a space saver.

Oh yeah, If you need any reference pics, I've got plenty of all my cars
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectKITT View Post
Thanks guys

Legion, was there a third generation Bandit?
1989 Pontiac Formula Bandit II for sale | Hemmings Motor News
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Wow. I would have cried. The last car I sold, the '89 that I was working on, needed a new engine, as the one that was in it had seized up. I started working on other stuff while I saved up for it. When it was time to give in and let it go, I found out a few weeks later that the guy I sold it to turned around and sold it to a salvage yard :(

I cried :*(
That's sad... I would have too. I had an '84 Trans Am that I sold as a demolition derby car, but with the repairs it needed it could have been considered a total loss anyway; unfortunate but not heartbreaking. However, it is a shame when a car that has potential is destroyed for it's value in scrap metal :(

Quote:
Anyway, my printer needs ink, and your cars have been moved to the top of my to-do list. But absolutely, I can take pics when I start them.

I'm going to look for some kind of car hauler to put them on, because I'm running out of space to put all my models, and I thought a trailer, possibly like a tractor-trailer, would be a cool display as well as a space saver.
Cool beans. I should take pictures too... I just wish I had a better place to take them!

A car hauler would be an interesting way to display models... especially with a nice semi in front

Quote:
Oh yeah, If you need any reference pics, I've got plenty of all my cars
Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Yours were probably in better shape than mine

Thanks for the info! The pinstripes look good on that car.

Here are some additional requested colors:
GoldBlack.pdf
SilverBlue.pdf
SilverRed.pdf

mchale, I'll post the the Junk Yard Dog KITT soon
Google Adsense
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
thanks projectkitt
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 AM

I just had an interesting thought... putting the front bumper cover of KITT (or KARR) on the front of one of the normal Trans Ams. Make it look like the car is in the process of being converted. I may do that to one when I start building them.

Found this, too

http://s718.beta.photobucket.com/use...420_o.jpg.html

Last edited by will71; 11-17-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectKITT View Post
Thanks for the info!

You're very welcome
Old 11-20-2012, 08:09 PM

Another KITT to add to the list

WhiteKITT
Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 24.06 MB
ProjectKITT: nicely done, indeed a White 'Knight' instead of Knight on a White Horse :D
Google Adsense

Tags
knight rider trans am