PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-02-2013, 04:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Very nice. When they are clean, red cars look great in the snow.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revell-Fan View Post
LOL! That's fantastic! You could easily make 23 more of the small ones and put them all in a row from back to front of the real one!
That would be awesome! If I made that many, I would line them up along the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
I don't know which one should I look at Funny, the back is more sloped from the profile than I thought it is and the edges are rounder. I need that car!
Lol... I always kind of thought that Firebirds look bigger than they really are. How common are they in Europe?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
In the Netherlands: Rare. You see a Ferrari more often and those are thinly spread... I've seen plenty of Corvettes though, including multiple Stingrays (not the early one, but the second one). Only time you see a Firebird is if they decide to air the Smokey movies or Knightrider...
Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM

I think I saw only one 3rd gen in my whole life. I've seen a couple of 4th gens around, but it's not such a nice car than the older ones were.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 PM

Can I ask a stupid question? For those of you that are outside of the US, I've always been curious: how difficult is it to find standard tools to work on those kinds of cars? (I wish we would switch to metric, not that it would help with the older vehicles.)

Here is the first model in the 1986 style and with updated wheel wells:

Dark Red & Silver '86 http://sites.google.com/site/coolcra...-Silver-86.pdf

Here is my disclaimer I don't foresee any problems but I haven't built one or tested the new wheel wells; I did print a section with the new bumper style and the black "grille inserts" should line up correctly. I'm planning to print one this week but if the last one is any indication it will probably take me a while to put it together
Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
pontiac changed the hood and spoiler when they redesigned the body paneling for the 1985-1989 lineup, those grille inserts go to the standard firebird not the trans am option let me see if i can find some pics and in 1987 they eliminated the vents in front of the doors and in 1991 they changed the front grille
Google Adsense
Old 03-10-2013, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.39 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectKITT View Post
Can I ask a stupid question? For those of you that are outside of the US, I've always been curious: how difficult is it to find standard tools to work on those kinds of cars? (I wish we would switch to metric, not that it would help with the older vehicles.)

Here is my disclaimer I don't foresee any problems but I haven't built one or tested the new wheel wells; I did print a section with the new bumper style and the black "grille inserts" should line up correctly. I'm planning to print one this week but if the last one is any indication it will probably take me a while to put it together
Thanks for sharing! A wonderful addition to the collection. However, the link works with Internet Explorer but it doesn't work with Firefox ...
Old 03-10-2013, 06:10 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
[QUOTE=ProjectKITT;347264]Can I ask a stupid question? For those of you that are outside of the US, I've always been curious: how difficult is it to find standard tools to work on those kinds of cars? (I wish we would switch to metric, not that it would help with the older vehicles.)

Actually it is not that hard, for instance here in Rotterdam there are several good tool-shops, and they have socket-wrenches and spanners in standard and metric sizes,for the more professional users , Snap-on is available here too..
I have a standard size spanner-set from the days I rode a HD Electra-glide, but that is a loooong time ago
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 726.58 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectKITT View Post

Frikken sweet. This is awesome. I would change only two things. The Firebird version never had the air extractor behind the front wheel well. Those were only on the Trans Ams. So I'd 'delete' that, and change the TRANS AM to say FIREBIRD. Also, the tail lights, where you have a sliver-ish (gray-ish) bar above the stop lights, should be another red stop light. The silver (gray) bar on top of the black center piece should be black.

However, I did have a Trans Am that had base Firebird front and rear bumpers. It confused the hell out of people because no one knew exactly what it was. It was ugly as hell, too.

<--- '84 Trans Am / '89 Firebird (donor) --->

And yes, I drove it looking like that for a while
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! A wonderful addition to the collection. However, the link works with Internet Explorer but it doesn't work with Firefox ...
Works here with Firefox. I can upload it for you if ProjectKitt won't mind?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:16 AM

mchale and Billy, thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by will71 View Post
Frikken sweet. This is awesome. I would change only two things. The Firebird version never had the air extractor behind the front wheel well. Those were only on the Trans Ams. So I'd 'delete' that, and change the TRANS AM to say FIREBIRD. Also, the tail lights, where you have a sliver-ish (gray-ish) bar above the stop lights, should be another red stop light. The silver (gray) bar on top of the black center piece should be black.

However, I did have a Trans Am that had base Firebird front and rear bumpers. It confused the hell out of people because no one knew exactly what it was. It was ugly as hell, too.

<--- '84 Trans Am / '89 Firebird (donor) --->

And yes, I drove it looking like that for a while
Thanks for clarifying I made the changes to the tail lights, vents, and Firebird text (I'm not sure if it is the correct font though). Will, your cars look like inverses of each other

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
Works here with Firefox. I can upload it for you if ProjectKitt won't mind?
I was just looking at that, as I have Firefox too and it works okay on my end. imcold, I don't mind if you do that
Google Adsense

Tags
knight rider trans am