PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Bloodhound SSC

I wasn't sure which section this should be posted.

The vehicle has four wheels and travels on the ground - but that's where the similarity ends.I was thinking of Aeronautical, because the vehicle is being built to travel faster than most 'planes.

Here is a vehicle built to travel at 1,000 MPH. The only proper runs will be made in South Africa. To get the car to the right speed, it has three engines - one jet, from the Eurofighter, a new design of rocket - one that can be switched off and on. The final engine is a V8 Formula 1, it's purpose will be to pump Hydrogen Peroxide to the rocket.

The jet will get the car up to about 800 MPH then the rocket will be fired!

I was at one of their recent displays and one item they had was a new die cut model of the car. I made the firsts one at the show, using sellotape !

I wasn't happy with the kit so I brought one home and made a few changes - mainly making the two parts of the body into one piece.

If you want to find out more about the car, go to their website and if you want the kit go here -

http://www.bloodhoundssc.com/_db/_im...-out_car_2.jpg.

Here are a few pictures of my prototype. It's matt and not as colourful as the original kit. I scanned all the parts and built them.

You will see that they have used my model instead of the original!

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Bloodhound SSC-img_0010.jpg   Bloodhound SSC-img_0013.jpg   Bloodhound SSC-img_0015.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Great to see an lsr. The only other kit I know of is the Blue Flame. I wish there was a kit of the Spirit of America.