PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Civilian Wheels (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/civilian-wheels/)
-   -   Whattsa pajero ?? (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/civilian-wheels/19308-whattsa-pajero.html)

papersurprise50 04-10-2012 10:33 PM

Whattsa pajero ??

I got this really neat little car at the last I.P.M.S. show here in TEXAS.It was somewhat of a challenge. Mainly because of it,s size.I did learn you could contour paper car models closer to the actual car, if you did it well BEFORE gluing.It shaped up really nice ,but,whattsa PAJERO ? papersurprise

willygoat 04-10-2012 10:40 PM

The Pajero is an SUV type model from Mitsubishi. They aren't around in the U.S. anymore, but are still common in the world off-road rallies.

eric_son 04-10-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willygoat (Post 285455)
The Pajero is an SUV type model from Mitsubishi. They aren't around in the U.S. anymore, but are still common in the world off-road rallies.

I think the Pajero is sold as the Montero in the US.

ThunderChild 04-11-2012 05:25 AM

Here in SA they were sold as Pajero. I was walking down the street with a Spanish friend when one drove by. It took my friend nearly ten minutes to stop laughing. Eventually when he was able to speak again he explained what the word pajero means in Spanish...

papersurprise50 04-12-2012 12:18 AM

Oh,MY that is a good one HE.HE.I live in TEXAS ! papersurprise50

JohnM 04-12-2012 06:43 AM

In UK (and presumably throughout Europe) they were sold as a 'Shogun' ... because someone had already told them what Pajero meant in Spanish.

My son has one ... He's quite impressed with it and is selling off his Landrover 110 now.

I drove it from Glasgow to Wales ... quite impressed, but as with all Japanese motors, it's switches were all in the wrong places for me.

I'm sticking with me old Range Rover Classic.

Johnny

kingjason14 04-12-2012 08:33 PM

I rode in one from Munich to Fussen in 1988. We were weaving in and out of traffic on the Autobahn at about 100 MPH. The reports that the Suzuki Samurai would roll over parallel parking had just come out. We were riding in a big Samurai, at 100, weaving in and out of traffic. We (the other American exchange student and I) thought we were going to die.
It got stranger when we heard what sounded like two pie tins full of ball bearings rolling down a hill. The sound was a VW Squareback that passed us like we were standing still.

sgoti 04-12-2012 09:16 PM

Well, if the great Wikipedia is correct, your answer is here:

Mitsubishi Pajero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loui 04-12-2012 09:25 PM

.... so where's the pajero papercraft??

JohnM 04-16-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kacrut (Post 285898)
.... so where's the pajero papercraft??

Mitsubishi seem to have taken them down on their site, although there's still a few other cars available ...PAPER MODEL DIRECTORY-MITSUBISHI

A couple of their Pajero models are still available here though ...The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ :: View topic - Free Pajero Here

Johnny.