PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-19-2012, 12:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
Correct.
The Futura sat for a few years in the Barris Bone yard.
When the series came up, the Futura was converted.
During filming, at least 2 Fiberglas copies were made for back ups

Now you can buy one. "Fiberglass Freaks" is licensed to sell TV Batmobile Replicas.
One site lists their price at $98,000.oo
Another at $150,000.oo
But an area TV News report said an L.A., Cal. area Dealer was selling them in their showroom for $60,000.oo or so!!

And yes, both Polar Lights & Mobius started with Aurora re-pops.
I think Mobius does more limited releases though.
All of theirs are more expensive than similar size Polar Lights kits!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
There are some pictures of it in this blog;
Star Car Central – Batmobile and Movie Car News
Attached Thumbnails
lincoln futura concept paperproject in the 1950's-we4frsdfdsfsdfdsfsdf.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
yesterday i was working hard on the drawing skeches to see what i can do with this model to make it look like the same as the real one in the photos above me. now the color will be red i chose that color and it will be that color! as for the spinning wheels to make the car move i will NOT use wooden axles NO I WILL NOT! but i will try paper ones instead if glueing them together i will make ones out if cardboard and make them round like real ones to make the strong enogh to make the move around so they can turn around more freely like plastic model kits if i do this successfully i will make othere oldes such as buicks fords cadillacs murcurys chrysler dodges and many many otheres in the near future projects as for cami you'll will make one your self out of 1/45 scale no?!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbed2010 View Post
yesterday i was working hard on the drawing skeches to see what i can do with this model to make it look like the same as the real one in the photos above me. now the color will be red i chose that color and it will be that color! as for the spinning wheels to make the car move i will NOT use wooden axles NO I WILL NOT! but i will try paper ones instead if glueing them together i will make ones out if cardboard and make them round like real ones to make the strong enogh to make the move around so they can turn around more freely like plastic model kits if i do this successfully i will make othere oldes such as buicks fords cadillacs murcurys chrysler dodges and many many otheres in the near future projects as for cami you'll will make one your self out of 1/45 scale no?!
If I get you right, you plan to release many old dream cars? Sounds good, there is a huge choice especially from the GM's Motorama years. I am excited about your project and wish to see some pictures in a near future!

Cami
Old 04-20-2012, 09:42 AM

Thumbs up yes your right cami!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
If I get you right, you plan to release many old dream cars? Sounds good, there is a huge choice especially from the GM's Motorama years. I am excited about your project and wish to see some pictures in a near future!

Cami
i will do alot of dream cars from the 50's and maybe 60's as well as the 70's so? to answer your question yes there will be lots! as for the axsles there going to be like medal silver like color! i mite do insurts of the rods to make them strong enogh to fit into place!
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
i always liked the HOT WHEELS bubble top silloute!
jim
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Hi, Folks,

I did a bit of digging about the history of the Futura a few years back for a project I was working on.

It was originally built for the 1955 Car Show season, and after its debut it was kept travelling for two years before it was sold off to George Barris, who parked it in front of his customizing shop in North Hollywood. It was cleaned up and painted red for the Glenn Ford-Debbie Reynolds film "It Started With A Kiss", and was then returned to the Barris shop. Somewhere in my files I have a photo of it at this point, with the red paint badly oxidized and the tires half flat. The Futura was chosen to be converted into the Batmobile when Barris was approached by 20th Century Fox and asked to create a car in just three weeks. Changes to the car included reshaping the wheel wells, fins and front grille area, installation of Rader custom wheels, gas-burning "jet exhaust" and drag parachutes, plus an assortment of gadgets, removal of the hinged center section of the bubbletop, and cutting a section out of the top arc of the steering wheel along with an overall gloss black paint scheme. Much of the work was actually done by Dean Jefferies, who also created The Green Hornet's Black Beauty and The Monkeemobile. Additional changes to the Futura during the run of the TV show included replacement of the original drivetrain with units from a mid-'60's Ford Galaxie due to dependability issues.

When I last saw the car up close, about 12 years ago, Barris had added little tags all over the car to indicate various "Bat-devices". My favorite was the "Gas Nozzles" sticking out of the grille, which were very obviously Rain-Bird sprinkler heads painted neon orange. Another of George's goofy gimmicks.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM

i just finnshed the blue prints yesterday! and now i'm working on it to clean it up a little. photos comming soon step by step! hopfully everthing will work out here!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Thumbs up here are the details of page one?

blue prints but not colored yet!
Attached Thumbnails
lincoln futura concept paperproject in the 1950's-lincolnfutura55.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
found this link for BatMobile

http://paperinside.com/batman/1966-batmobile/

Pat
Google Adsense