PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.28 MB
This is not the picture of my friend's 69 Coupe, but his is the exact same... The difference is in the color... his blue is slightly lighter...
Do you need more info?

Best regards
Werner

PS.... Thank you for considering the design ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-69-mustang-mach-1.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 12:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
The photo is the fastback body style, not the coupe (or hardtop as Ford referenced it). Here's side drawings from a 70 Mustang brochure, same body styles just some detail differences (fender vent, headlight arrangement).
Attached Thumbnails
69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-mustang-1970-body-styles-drawing.jpg  
Old 05-13-2012, 06:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The photo caption says fastback but it looks like a hardtop to me... however I'm more of a GM person so I could be wrong. I imagine the front is the same between the two body styles?

If you don't mind waiting, I could give it a try
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Mach 1's were all the fastback body style. Here's a hardtop in white and a red Mach 1. Rear quarter panels, deck lid, rear roof pillars, tulip panel and glass are different.
Attached Thumbnails
69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-ford-mustang-1969-coupe-r-stroppe-rr.jpg   69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-ford-mustang-1969-mach-1-scj-rear-right.jpg   69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-ford-mustang-1969-mach-1-scj-front-left.jpg   69 Ford Mustang Coupe paper model wanted-ford-mustang-1969-coupe-r-stroppe-ft.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.28 MB
See... living in South Africa, I can't recall ever seeing one for real... That is why I don't know the differences between Hardtop or Coupe... or whatever version were available. You guys would know better than me what they were called. Although they were imported to South Africa, I wonder how many still exists.

I wouldn't mind waiting, I would really appreciate the effort so much!
Thank you for considering this project ;-)
Best regards
Werner
Google Adsense
Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner Smuts View Post
See... living in South Africa, I can't recall ever seeing one for real... That is why I don't know the differences between Hardtop or Coupe... or whatever version were available. You guys would know better than me what they were called. Although they were imported to South Africa, I wonder how many still exists.

I wouldn't mind waiting, I would really appreciate the effort so much!
Thank you for considering this project ;-)
Best regards
Werner
Probably not many; despite their collector interest and due to their age they are not a common site around here either.

Okay, since you don't mind the wait I'll take it on Can you find out for sure which body style your friend's Mustang has? Photos specifically of his car (even if they are not the best) would be helpful too if you can get them since I don't know much about Mustangs and it seems like every car has multiple varieties of trim, etc. Also, does his have (or does he plan to add) the stripes as well?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Before you take only a picture or 2 you may want to check this out

Autodesk 123D - 123D Catch turn photos into 3D models
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 PM

I guess I never did post this here

1/24 '69 Mustang (Blue) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B07v...it?usp=sharing

The Google Docs preview doesn't display a lot of the effects correctly (like gradients); just an FYI
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM

That's a hardtop. The fastbacks didn't have that weird simulated airscoop on the rear quarters. Also it has the fairly rare optional wirewheel style hubcaps. They weren't a common option to start with and since they were really heavy after a few years the clips that held then in the wheel tended to weaken. So most became part of the roadside debris field after hitting a pothole.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
That's a hardtop. The fastbacks didn't have that weird simulated airscoop on the rear quarters. Also it has the fairly rare optional wirewheel style hubcaps. They weren't a common option to start with and since they were really heavy after a few years the clips that held then in the wheel tended to weaken. So most became part of the roadside debris field after hitting a pothole.
It was supposed to be a hardtop (or coupe? I'm not sure if there is/what is the difference in this case) The wire wheels I just chose since Werner didn't specify any type (me and my lack of Ford knowledge) For the airscoop, I happened to see a '69 for sale that matched what he wanted so I used several photos of that car for reference and it had them.

Also, here is an untextured PDO since the grille/headlight area is a bit tricky: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B07v...it?usp=sharing I was going to make a blank/line-art version for anyone to color, but I can't find my SVG files at the moment so this is at least better than nothing
Google Adsense