PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Wow, it looks terrific Chris! Very nice build and I am glad you liked your experience with it.

Cami
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'll second that "Wow!". That car looks very good. Cars can be very tricky in paper, but Cami's design seems to work very well. You did a great job, cMags.

Q for Cami, though: If you say "Any form of reproduction, share or resale of this model is a violation of copyrights" you've clearly forbidden anyone from even printing it. Perhaps this a topic discussed elsewhere, though.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.23 GB
That came out looking great!!! Good photos showing the techniques used to enhance some of the parts, and it's always a pleasure to see such clean work. Really made the most out of an outstanding design.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Q for Cami, though: If you say "Any form of reproduction, share or resale of this model is a violation of copyrights" you've clearly forbidden anyone from even printing it. Perhaps this a topic discussed elsewhere, though.
Print it as often as you wish for your personnal use, but strictly for personnal use is ok since that is why you buy it. I think that most of us understand and will agree to say that printing the model to give or sale it to other people (that is what "reproduction" means here) is a violation of copyrights just like share or resale is. It applies for books, music, movies and any other artform including paper models. I do not want to elaborate, there is already a thread about this question, but I hope that this clarify the warning.

BTW thanks for the kind words about the design guys. Chris's work really do justice to this model. I am glad you have built it with the fender skirts, they add some kind of class to the model.

Cami
Old 05-24-2012, 05:14 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I agree about the fender skirts. Definitely something unique to the era.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Google Adsense
Old 05-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The term "reproduction" generally means any type of copy. A better wording might be "Any form of sharing or resale of this model or reproduction other than for personal use is a violation of copyrights". Personally, I like the Creative Commons approach, except nobody remembers what the little symbols mean. I now return this thread back to cMags and his great model build.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Very cool Build!

Was wondering about the metallic paper and how it would take glue, it looks like it glues well!

Very interesting effect using the metallic cardstock.

Yes, the addition of the fender skirts, and the extra burnishing of the tires really add to the look!!

Thanks for sharing the photos, info and thoughts on this excellent build!

Mike
Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
No problem. The paper glues pretty well, though not quite as well as standard card. It does, however, make for easy cleanup of any excess. On my MiG-15 build, the tail that was just edge glued to the fuselage surface got bumped and it let go, where it wouldn't have if it were standard card. I just added a single drop of CA at the front of it. But I didn't need any CA on this model.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds