PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
On my copy of the Corvette 4 Rotor it says it was illustrated by Mark Stehrenberger
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Didn't know him, think he was one of the outside contractors from Art Center. They used instructors from the illustration and automotive design programs there a lot. Got top notch talent without having to put them on the payroll. That wasn't just Motor Trend, but all the Petersen titles.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Listening to the radio broadcast of the NASCAR race from Atlanta decided to go digging in the vault.

Got some of the issues. The BMW was a show car with article by Eric Dahiquist - no model. I have the issues with the 4 rotor Vette which eventually became the Aerovette that was done as a plastic kit by Revell. Also have the Mercedes C-111 issue. The models show in the Vette article look like ones that Stennenberger did for himself. It mentions that his background is industrial design, so was probably used to working with paper creating prototypes.

Found some other cool stuff in that box like a door hanger for the 58 Edsel intro and a post card for ordering a Edsel promo model.

If wanted I can scan the C-111.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
I did a Google Search for Mark Stehrenberger and he appears to still be quite active in the automotive art field.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 PM

Didn't think about Google. Took a quick look and saw he did come out of Art Center.

Steve Amos was one of the guys I knew that came out of there and did work for various Petersen Publications. He actually designed a 1/16 Thomas Flyer in paper about 1976, but couldn't get financing to get it published and distributed. An article was done on it in International Modeler Magazine. He also did work for Entex for you old plastic modelers that remember them.
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 293.96 MB
Last night I also found Mark Stehrenberger on Facebook and sent him a PM asking about these models. Hoping I'll hear back from him today.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
i found another one too! the mercedes benz c-111 concept car in the issue on micro film in the public brooklyn library that's were i got the corvette 4-rotor issue showin in this forum! but i also found the guy who made these paper model car kits but no wheels and streeing wheels either :( you need the have it from a plasic kit to complete the models it's not a kit at all just some parts of the kit to assemble (: not good and the guys name is??? KYLE GIVEN! he made all 6 models i'm going to make a research on this guy and see what i can come up with! and do motor trends look up on years and mounths to find all of them and august 1973 does have mercedes benz c111 paper model coloring kit inside! the magazine! the othere's the rick displayed DO NOT HAVE THEM! I LOOK THEM AT THE LIBERARY MYSELF! anyway i'm on a mission to find 4 model more either on the computer wish me luck! if i find any more i will post it right here in this forum!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
Wink here's anther scan i did for you

to rick i found this one to at the library in brooklyn ny called mico film it's only 25 cent a print! i hope i can find the rest of 4 more car paper kits any way here it is! all four copys! i hope this helps you all and rick out! it's the best i can do?
Attached Thumbnails
Motor Trend paper models-photo-front.jpg   Motor Trend paper models-photo-next-2.jpg   Motor Trend paper models-photo-next3.jpg   Motor Trend paper models-photo-last4.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 12:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.51 MB
Did anybody ever find a source for the Aerovette model? I had the magazine issue when I was a kid and started building it (one of my Grandpa's magazine collection, including Popular Mechanics and the like). I'd transferred the pattern onto some poster board and swiped some wheels from a Tonka truck I'd outgrown (being in high school at the time) and actually finished the interior and chassis. Then, time got away from me (as it always seems to happen during those years). After graduation and joining the Air Force, all of my modeling materials (finished and unfinished kits, building materials, etc.) disappeared forever... along with the paper 'Vette.

I've just recently found the time to get back into modeling and I have started [re]collecting kits I'd built as a kid. A short time ago, I remembered starting the Aerovette and not finishing it, so I've been trying to find this 'kit' again.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-01-2016, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.51 MB
OK - after more searching, I poked around on ebay and found a copy of the 1974 January Motor Trend magazine - it's mostly orangeish/yellow, has Volkswagen Rabbit and Beetle profiles vertically along the unbound long edge of the cover, and even says "Rotary Corvette Model Inside" on the front cover. (Sorry to be 'descriptive' of the cover, rather than just post a pic, but I'm still new and limited)

Figured, WTH and just bought it. Hopefully, it'll show up sometime next week. SO excited!

(insert clever signature comment here)
Google Adsense