PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
Thank you all for your kind words. It has been an enjoyable build for the most part, if a little frustrating at times, not least for all the interesting things we have unearthed about the real bike and other things along the way.

To Rich and David, as far as I am aware the model has only been published in ABC magazine, so you need to find somewhere a copy of Volume 50 Number 15 (from 2005). I obtained mine from Miroslav Gabriel (MIGAS) along with a number of other models, but I see now that he no longer lists that issue, so perhaps I got the last. It is possible that it would be worth getting in contact with the designer, Milan Novobilský - he has made two models available for download, and just might be persuaded to release more. If you do happen to find a copy, I should be happy to let you have the patterns which I used for the frame, exhaust, handlebars, etc.

All the best,
Alan
Old 09-02-2014, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
I saw on MSNBC a show called Jay Leno's Garage; Ultimate Car Week. And they had one of these motorcycle's on it, and even Jay riding it! It's listed as running a few more times so look it up maybe you can catch it....Rich
Old 08-28-2019, 05:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
A guy on the Spotlight Models board (car models) posted a few photos of one of these from the Concours d'Elegance in Geneva, IL a couple of days ago.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a currently available source (2019) of it? As if I really needed to ad another project to the stack.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Definitely a colorful bike, looking forward to seeing this take shape..
Old 08-29-2019, 09:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Wonderful modelling, especially the frame - sounds like a typical kit designer's cop-out to leave you the freedom to decide your own method of construction; rolling tubes that long and of that diameter looks like a bit of a fantasy! Saw one of these bikes in London many years ago (probably early 70s) and it's stuck in my memory, probably because of the enormous size and odd name,so this is a fascinating post from which to learn more about it and marvel at your superb craftsmanship.
Google Adsense
Old 09-16-2019, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 86.88 MB
Outstanding Craftmanship Alen ...
somehow I have missed this thread ...
I was wondering ... what glue do you use for gluing the frame tubes?
the framework is gobsmacking...

thanks for sharing this build, I am inspired
Old 09-24-2019, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Contacted Milan, offered him a hefty cost, and now got a digital copy of the templates of the Cechie-Bohmerland 1927. No intention to build it in paper, maybe from beverage cans. Just figuring what the time frame will be, probably in years!

Thanks, Alen, for sharing the building photos that are most helpful for my attempt to build it. Wonder if you still have the patterns you mentioned in your post #71 of this thread?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Sorry, it should be Alan and not Alen.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice job, that really looks like a job well done..
Old 09-25-2019, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
Thank you all for your comments. I'm sorry I didn't spot the earlier ones promptly, so please forgive the delay in replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Wonderful modelling, especially the frame - sounds like a typical kit designer's cop-out to leave you the freedom to decide your own method of construction; rolling tubes that long and of that diameter looks like a bit of a fantasy!
Chris, you are very kind. To be fair to the kit designer, it seems to be an accepted style in eastern Europe to use wood, wire or plastic for components which do not lend themselves well to paper construction. I find it an interesting challenge to use paper as much as possible (though still not exclusively).

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo67 View Post
Outstanding Craftmanship Alen ...
somehow I have missed this thread ...
I was wondering ... what glue do you use for gluing the frame tubes?
the framework is gobsmacking...
Again thank you for your generous comments. I don't use anything special for tubes, just the white PVA glue I use for most things. The main thing is to have exactly the right diameter rod to use as a core when gluing a little at a time - I have collected a large variety over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Contacted Milan, offered him a hefty cost, and now got a digital copy of the templates of the Cechie-Bohmerland 1927. No intention to build it in paper, maybe from beverage cans. Just figuring what the time frame will be, probably in years!

Thanks, Alen, for sharing the building photos that are most helpful for my attempt to build it. Wonder if you still have the patterns you mentioned in your post #71 of this thread?
That is splendid, though it sounds like a major project for you! I hope you will keep us informed about your progress.

Yes, I do have the patterns (somewhere!) as I am not very good at throwing things away. If you would like to contact me by PM, and let me know your email address I can probably find them and send them to you in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Sorry, it should be Alan and not Alen.
Not a problem, there are so many possible spellings that I am used to all sorts!
Google Adsense