PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-11-2013, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Lawn Mower

I hope this is the right place for this, I figure it is about as civilian as it gets - oh and this is a first for me so here goes. I could not find a model of a tractor style mower so after much searching I decided to make my own. I drew it with a CAD program using the highly accurate eyeball method of measurement and then I assembled it using the "boutright" method. You know - "that looks big enough" and "that's 'boutright". I even printed it on scrap paper - who knew it would actually end up looking sort of like a lawn mower?
Attached Thumbnails
Lawn Mower-8966a.jpg   Lawn Mower-8972aa.jpg   Lawn Mower-8979aa.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That looks 'boutright' to me.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Great job! What was the motivation behind this model -- for some display at your workplace, perhaps? And what's the size? Hope you won't be offended, but just today I gave a bunch of Canon Craftown buildings and vehicles to my great nephew, and your lawn tractor might fit right in.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM

Thanks Yale. I own an outdoor power equipment shop and photographs of the model will be posted on our Facebook page along with a much simpler version which can be painted and assembled by kids, with the help of an adult The mower is about 6 inches long but it should be easy to scale up or down. I plan to continue working on this project and would like to come up with a few more parts such as a working hood, an engine, and other things. I am going to post the parts templates on my Deviant Art page and when I do I will post a link here.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Outstanding. A couple years back I was looking for a lawn tractor and couldn't find one. For scrap paper, etc., it came out very well. Is this purely generic, or is it somewhat patterned after a real make/model?
Google Adsense
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Thanks Vermin_King, the mower is generic - whatever popped into my head I drew, I've already come up with a padded seat and arm rests for the thing.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Impressive! The size and future sophistication probably makes the tractor impractically compatible with the Crafttown cars and houses. On the other hand, it's long mystified me why more commercial firms don't subsidize model designs as inexpensive promotions -- and it looks like you're well ahead of the pack. Any company that sells/uses specialty equipment could generate interest and goodwill by handing out printed models or making downloads available from a website. Even if the nearest thing to "specialty" is a logo on a company truck, a model of that truck still would make sense. So even though you're too far away for me to buy my next mower from you, I'll follow the development of this model with great interest.

With all this manual labor, I may not make it out of retirement alive.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
that looks great. i should think of doing that
for my workplace.
excavation equipment and dump trucks!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
That looks great! I've had one of those on my own design list for some time now. I'll definitely build yours if you release it. If the interview I had Saturday works out, I plan on designing a model of one of the trucks they use at my prospective employer.

Scott K.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Okay, I put the mower parts on my Deviant art page. Just click on Gallery near the top left of the page and you should be able to find the parts pages, click on them to view the click on Download to get the full sized image, there is 3 pages of parts and a 1 page simple mower model. NO INSTRUCTIONS are included - I will try to make some but don't hold your breath....lol. While you are on my page check out some of my insect photographs - they are a little better than my paper models.......I hope....
Google Adsense

Tags
mower, tractor