PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 04-20-2013, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.53 MB
International Scout 80

I ran a poll and my facebook visitors voted that my next model should be an International Scout!

This model will be available soon in about 16 colors at my website. Kit also comes with optional add-ons to make the Scout 800, with grille designs for various years.

Enjoy the photos!

Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I haven't been to your Facebook site (because I despise all things Facebook), so believe me when I say that I didn't vote a thousand times to get this. Anxiously awaiting.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
I haven't been to your Facebook site (because I despise all things Facebook), so believe me when I say that I didn't vote a thousand times to get this. Anxiously awaiting.
Lol yes. Many many people share your feelings about Facebook
Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Once again, you have produced a model with which I have an association.

In 1974-75 I was attached to the Foreign Area Office Detachment at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Korea. We acquired from Eighth Army an IH Scout (I think it was a Scout II, and thus different from your model, but close) for our in-country study and travel. Lil, our two youngest children (then about 9 and 13), and I did a two-week-long circumnavigation of South Korea in that Scout in April 1975. I could tell stories (breaking a shock absorber on a steep unpaved road in the east coast mountains near Inje; accidentally driving into the grease pit of a bus repair station in Kangnŭng (thank heavens for the steel plate that protected the belly of the Scout); almost running out of gas in the middle of a very long narrow-gauge railway tunnel too narrow to open the doors to get at the jerry cans strapped to the back of the vehicle; and so on).

So you have now produced the three vehicles that I drove in Korea ftrom 1974-1978: the Rambler Ambassador, the Embassy Scout, and Waltzing Matilda, our Toyota Land Cruiser.

This forum is my only foray into anything like social media, so I am not on Facebook, but I certainly would have been one of those who voted for the Scout.

Don
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Once again, you have produced a model with which I have an association.

In 1974-75 I was attached to the Foreign Area Office Detachment at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul, Korea. We acquired from Eighth Army an IH Scout (I think it was a Scout II, and thus different from your model, but close) for our in-country study and travel. Lil, our two youngest children (then about 9 and 13), and I did a two-week-long circumnavigation of South Korea in that Scout in April 1975. I could tell stories (breaking a shock absorber on a steep unpaved road in the east coast mountains near Inje; accidentally driving into the grease pit of a bus repair station in Kangnŭng (thank heavens for the steel plate that protected the belly of the Scout); almost running out of gas in the middle of a very long narrow-gauge railway tunnel too narrow to open the doors to get at the jerry cans strapped to the back of the vehicle; and so on).

So you have now produced the three vehicles that I drove in Korea ftrom 1974-1978: the Rambler Ambassador, the Embassy Scout, and Waltzing Matilda, our Toyota Land Cruiser.

This forum is my only foray into anything like social media, so I am not on Facebook, but I certainly would have been one of those who voted for the Scout.

Don
Wow! I'll see if I can hit another vehicle from your past
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
I was born and raised (and currently live) in Fort Wayne, Indiana where the Scout was made. I am happy that you have designed models of them, and they look good. I will obtain and build them when they become available.