PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor

Been tinkering with this for awhile. Thought it was time to post something I'm actually working on. No promise when it will be (if it ever is) finished. This is the Ursus C45/451 Polish tractor that is a copy of the German Lanz Bulldog. It uses a hot bulb engine that is sort of a semi-diesel that is still used in some marine applications.

This is my first shot at a pre-printed model. Of course the first thing I did was scan the pieces and print them out since I'm planning on a lot of detailing and painting the model. Probably should have knocked out the color in GIMP if nothing else to save ink. Also discovered that my scanner has a distortion in it which seems to be fairly common. One direction is 100%, but the other is about 101%, so that has to be adjusted. Here are some of the pieces laminated and being cut out. The basic assembly of the differential-chassis.

Not reading Polish I found a program that creates a Polish language keyboard that I think somebody here mentioned: Type Polish characters - online Polish keyboard. It has other languages also. I type the instructions then run them through a translator. Some of the differential area is hard to figure out and had to build 2 of them to get the one I'm somewhat happy with. Even then that was only because I'm using it as just the base assembly and will be painting it.

Back to getting some photos together and some more cutting and gluing.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-001-20modelik-20ursus-20c45-20cover-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-005x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-007x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-013x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-094x-l.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 326.45 MB
Looks good so far also it looks like a nice model to build,the translator is good with lots of polish written instructions.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looks like you're off to a good start.

The extra work shows already

Tim
Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks good so far, Wayne!

And the Polish keyboard is a great resource. Much faster than using Word and having to put in all the special characters using "insert symbol."

Don
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Off to a good start there and an interesting choice of subject, you don't see a lot of these around anymore...

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense
Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Thanks everyone, here's some work on the exhaust stack. The pieces for it, then the rough work and starting to approach finish. The top section bolts to the bottom, so reworked the conical sections a bit to look more like a 2 piece. Then added bolts and nuts.

The nuts were from a sheet of different sizes that were done by one of the members. Sorry don't remember who it was. They were drilled with a #78 drill and a thin piece of copper wire (taken from some electronic piece I dismembered for goodies) was CA glued in for the bolt. I've also been using different size hex rods from Plastruct for cap screw heads and nuts. Depends on the size and what I need at the time...and which one is closest at hand.

The top of the stack had a larger piece of wire glued around it to simulate the flaired top of the pipe. Holiday almost over so model work will go back to normal glacial (non-global warming) speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-093x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-exhaust-20stack-20x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-exhaust-20stack-202-l.jpg  
Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 11.18 MB
This is the first tractor I see build.
I follow carefully your work!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:12 AM

Trying to keep going on this after the big chunk of time on the holidays. This is the hot bulb chamber. Reshaped most of it and using a combination of paper nuts, plastic hex rod and wire added fittings. From the close up shot see I still need to do some finishing and clean up.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-006x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-004x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-hot-20bulb-20chamber-202-l.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Its looking good , i,ll be following this .
Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 PM

Getting a few more things done, here's the front axle and hub pieces. Started adding some of the nuts and bolts. The spindle mounts (parts 38a) were supposed to just be butt glued on the backing plates. Decided that'd hold up about 5 minutes so recut them with a tab that inserts into a slot I made in the backing plates. Probably overengineering but I'm more of a Bentley then Bugatti type.
Google Adsense