PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
1955 Buick Roadmaster four door sedan.

I designed and built this several weeks ago.

The first layer of the model's structure is 110 lb. cardstock, covered with white construction paper, on which I printed the visual features. It's colored with crayon.

The wheels roll, and are each made from two corrugated cardboard discs, covered with cardstock. The axles are 1/8th inch diameter skewer sticks.
Attached Thumbnails
1955 Buick Roadmaster four door sedan.-55-buick-left-front-angle.jpg   1955 Buick Roadmaster four door sedan.-55-buick-driver-side.jpg   1955 Buick Roadmaster four door sedan.-55-buick-right-rear-angle.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Very nice. I always liked your distinctive classics. You manage to capture the essence of every car you choose to model. The use of a crayon for coloring is a bit of a departure from the other builds I've seen here. I remember colored paper and metal foils.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Using a crayon is a bit primitive, I'll admit, but where else can you find 100 colors to choose from for $5.00?

It's a fun, easy way to apply multiple colors to a car's body, without getting too tedious. I also find it very relaxing, almost therapeutic, because there is something about coloring that settles a person's nerves. Now I understand why crayons and paper are given to kids for the purpose of settling them down, particularly in doctors' offices, or even in restaurants.