PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 09-15-2014, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.98 MB
Black Widow 57 Chevy

Here is one of my latest creations. sorry for the quality but I'm only a beginner to the craft. Originally it was created, using a 2D image from a blue print web site, I ended making several copies printed out on paper card, and to create two sides I just printed the image in mirror image. It was painted or touched up using acrylic paints. I think moisture from paint and glue has deformed it little, though it is a stock car so
I may get away with it lol. Down the track I might build a Sport Sedan version.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Widow 57 Chevy-black-widow-chev.jpg   Black Widow 57 Chevy-bw571.jpg   Black Widow 57 Chevy-bw572.jpg   Black Widow 57 Chevy-bw573.jpg   Black Widow 57 Chevy-chassis-57.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2014, 06:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 528.19 MB
that's really good for a beginner, and for a scratch built no less! That is very ambitious. Might I suggest rather than acrylic, try spray paint: a light coat at first, and then one or two more to enrich the color. cut the pieces out first, and use white paint for the white parts, and black for the black. As 21st century paper modelers, we generally color using the computer and let the printer do the painting, but there is something very nice about doing it old school.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Slik:
This model could fit right in at the Ransomville Speedway about 6 miles from my house, Just add some dried mud. Have you looked at E-cardmodels and Christeens models she has some you might like.
Enjoy,
Miles
Old 09-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
I agree with Jon. For a beginner that is a good model. As for scratch built, most of us never reach that point in our modeling. As a scratch builder you aren't linited to what others offer. You have the ability to create whatever your heart desires. Being a scratch builder means you have already reached a major milestone in your development as a paper modeler.

Re pictures: Post more. We like 'em!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Very nice model! It looks like it came right off the old Asheville Motor Speedway, or really, any one of hundreds of old short ovals in the South. Bit of rust and mud would make it very real.

Cirt
Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2014, 12:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
That's a very cool project. I really like the details underneath. The only time a stock-car looks straight is before the race so in its actual form it looks perfectly right! I agree with the guys, a little touch of mud or dust effect would make it look even more realistic. It sure is a winner!!!

Cami
Old 09-16-2014, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks great! Keep up the good work and post more. Scratch-built can be a lot of fun once you get the technique down.

Gearhead
Old 09-16-2014, 08:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
The car looks great! I raced cars like that when I first started including one that I used a 1957 Chevy body on. After a few races there usually wasn't a straight place on them except for the top and sometimes not even that, so your car looks pretty realistic. Good job!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thumbs up Good Bevins to hetsy !

Hey !
That there car looks familiar . Did you get it from my uncle Bubba ? That's about the way his cars looked after a year .That's why he would take them to the demo- derbies after about a year .Nice looking model and job well done !

Tags
150, 57 chevy black widow, car, stock