PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 02-27-2015, 09:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
Thanks, LMSC and VK.

Continuing with the engine build, next is this piece. Again, not sure what to call it. Maybe the air filter?

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1356.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1357.jpg

I'm pretty sure the next piece is the gear box. A complicated piece that folds neatly into place:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1358.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1359.jpg

This is followed by the clutch plate which is cleverly folded into shape:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1360.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1361.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1362.jpg

Finally, the whole piece is glued onto the frame and a clutch plate cover is glued on to match the rest of the décor:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1363.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1364.jpg

Phil
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 AM

Busy weekend. Not much time to spend on the model. However, I did get some more work done on the engine.

Here are some more unidentified bits of the engine.

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1369.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1371.jpg

Following that comes the foot rest and the gear lever. The gear lever is made up of two small dowels glued onto a strip of paper. I colored the dowels black to make it look more authentic.

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1372.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1373.jpg

Here, I came across another error in the instructions. In step 46 on page 77, the footrest is shown. As earlier, the eye with a line across it represents the non-colored side. In this case, the colored side should face up and the eye should not have a line across it. Hope this saves someone a headache. It took me a while to realize the error, eating into my precious free time!

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1376.jpg

Here are the final results.

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1375.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1374.jpg

Phil
Old 03-04-2015, 09:46 AM

Having finished the left side of the engine, I decided to tackle the right side yesterday. Working in short chunks of time is frustrating. It's like having your favorite meal in front of you but having to leave after a few bites. Anyhow, here's the progress report. First comes the various parts of the engine:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1377.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1378.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1379.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1380.jpg

Now, here are the same pieces after folding and gluing:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1381.jpg

Finally, the pieces are attached to each other to give a nice robust 3-D effect and then mounted onto the frame:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1382.jpg

Bon appetit.

Phil
Old 03-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
The engine looks really nice fitted into the frame of the motorcycle. Looks quite realistic.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
I expect most of the followers of this thread will have seen pictures of the Wrebbit Harley (and of other Wrebbit models) on my collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zeist_bouwplaten/
Do send pictures of your own builds - and please, not just the super ones. Anything is welcome - as long as it is sharp. Please add name/scale/publisher/builder, andsend to [email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2015, 07:47 AM

So, I had the house all to myself last night for an hour or so and had Peter Frampton cranked up high and thought what an apt question it was that he was asking, "Do you feel like we do?" Working on these models helps me mellow out after a long day at work. I feel amazed that we are able to transform these flat pieces of paper into complex pieces of art and feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete a project. Do the rest of you feel like I do?

Anyway, work on the right side of the engine progresses. Here are more unidentified doohickeys:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1384.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1385.jpg

Then came some thingummies:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1386.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1387.jpg

That completes the right side of the engine:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1398.jpg

Good times. Good times. That's alright.

Phil
Old 03-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Eternal Member

Love it when people use technical terms!
Old 03-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Love it when people use technical terms!
I could have waxed eloquent on manifolds and pistons and camshafts but suspect that any competent mechanically minded member of the forum would have seen right through my pretense. Reminds me of the time a male patient walked into my office and said that he was there for a colposcopy when I'm pretty sure he meant a colonoscopy.

Phil
Old 03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Eternal Member

Lol! Did he get what he wanted?
Old 03-09-2015, 08:58 AM

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1401.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott View Post
Lol! Did he get what he wanted?
Well, considering that I would literally have to tear him a new one to do a colposcopy, on the whole I thought it advisable to defer.

Continuing with the build. Next comes the mufflers. Once again, the designers present us with a choice. You can pick flat mufflers that look like these:
Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1388.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1392.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1393.jpg

Guided by my new philosophy of WWSD (What would Seascape do?) I decided to forego the easy route and did the rounded mufflers:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1389.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1400.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1401.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1403.jpg

Last came the rear brake pedal:

Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1404.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1405.jpg Wrebbit Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic-img_1411.jpg

Phil
Google Adsense